Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

GOT BUSTED!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 08:25 PM

Default RE: GOT BUSTED!!!

I see alot of people talking about summer scouting and bedding areas. Right those bucks might (my guess is they are not) bedding in the thickest cover available this time of year. Deer will change bedding areas. Where they bed now, probably won't be where they bed later in the year. Hunting pressure, cover, and food sources all change. Deer adapt to them.

I am not so sure I would risk taking the chance of following those trails to see where they are bedding. Your taking to chance of bumping into those deer, if you do, the gig is up and the go else where... where they are not bothered. Instead hunt the edges of the fields. Get a good arial photo of your area and try to use it to pin point bottle necks and bedding areas.I would not hunt the bedding area itself though. Bottle necks are good places during the rut.