Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

170 class deer!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default 170 class deer!!!!!!!!!

Me and a buddy were out ridin around tonight around 7:45, looking for deer, and I go by one of my huntin spots, and I turn around and as Im comin back, Im drivin real slow, to sneek up on the spot, when my friend goes OH CRAP! LOOK! So I look and there are these two MONSTER bucks standing there across the road. One was probably a 150 classer, and the other was easily 165-170 or more class deer, right now. Thats not counting the two months they still have left to grow. I realize velvet adds mass, but this sucker was huge. My friend that was with me shot a 166" deer with a shotgun two years ago, and the big buck here was way bigger than that one. I mean, he had atleast 12 points, 14 inch G2s, just massive. Well within drag line range. Just gotta get permission now. They travel underneath the bridge in the creek in between our land and this land, maybe I can get him to cross the creek over to where I hunt. Plus, I've seen the same deer in the bean field of our land that I found the shed to last year. I measured the shed, and gave him 18 inch spread, which is way less than what it really is, and doubled the antlers, and came up with 154 I think. So, Im thinkin atleast a 160+class buck there. Sooo, I have maybe three monster bucks to go after, and atleast one monster buck. This year Im goin all out. Drag lines, scent bombs, rattlin antlers, calls, everything I possibly can. Last year I just half-a$$ed it. Only went out for maybe two hours at a time, didn't really wash up after work and such, just went out and sat in the stand and hoped one would meander by. Not this time! They are mine! (Well, two, anyways according to state law!)
Old 07-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 170 class deer!!!!!!!!!

Tomorrow Im gonna park the truck like half mile away and try to sneek up there with the camera and see if I can't catch them out there again and get a pic. Man IM PUMPED!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dairy King

Me and a buddy were out ridin around tonight around 7:45, looking for deer, and I go by one of my huntin spots, and I turn around and as Im comin back, Im drivin real slow, to sneek up on the spot, when my friend goes OH CRAP! LOOK! So I look and there are these two MONSTER bucks standing there across the road. One was probably a 150 classer, and the other was easily 165-170 or more class deer, right now. Thats not counting the two months they still have left to grow. I realize velvet adds mass, but this sucker was huge. My friend that was with me shot a 166" deer with a shotgun two years ago, and the big buck here was way bigger than that one. I mean, he had atleast 12 points, 14 inch G2s, just massive. Well within drag line range. Just gotta get permission now. They travel underneath the bridge in the creek in between our land and this land, maybe I can get him to cross the creek over to where I hunt. Plus, I've seen the same deer in the bean field of our land that I found the shed to last year. I measured the shed, and gave him 18 inch spread, which is way less than what it really is, and doubled the antlers, and came up with 154 I think. So, Im thinkin atleast a 160+class buck there. Sooo, I have maybe three monster bucks to go after, and atleast one monster buck. This year Im goin all out. Drag lines, scent bombs, rattlin antlers, calls, everything I possibly can. Last year I just half-a$$ed it. Only went out for maybe two hours at a time, didn't really wash up after work and such, just went out and sat in the stand and hoped one would meander by. Not this time! They are mine! (Well, two, anyways according to state law!)
I hate to break it to you, but they are about 80-85% of the way there and they certainly dont grow until sept 21. they are fully developed by mid august.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I know I exaggerated on the two months thing, but you get whatI meant. He still ain't done, he may grow like an extra inch for all I know, but it gives me somethin to hope for! Don't ruin it for me![8D]
Old 07-21-2006, 02:08 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry if I came across the wrong way, and I do hope you get him or both of them! Good luck to you!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 08:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

yeah good luck with them,the way i see it there are 3 ,monsters and you only have two tags, u see where im going with this
Old 07-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds like this year can produce some potential for you. Good luck!