Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who Got You In

Old 07-19-2006, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who Got You In

Who got you into bow hunting? Nobody in my family bow hunts at all, or gun hunts deer except me and my kids. A friend at work talked to me alot about bow hunting and he told me that it is the most satisfieng form of hunting there is. One day I stopped at a archery shop to look around and left with a pse nova, I am hooked for life and so is my 2 oldest son and my youngest son is getting a bow this year.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:09 PM

Default RE: Who Got You In

watched a episode of Roadtrips with waddell in the milk river and was hooked after that
Old 07-19-2006, 10:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

my stepdad got me in about ten with a pse nova
Old 07-19-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Goose and duck hunted a property 10mins. from my home. One guy also bowhunted that property, I figured what the heck, so close to home, I decided to give it a try. Best decision I ever made!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:58 PM

All on my own! I've got family members that rifle hunt but no bow hunters. Stopped by a bow shop one day and got hooked for life!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Two years ago I was visiting a man frequently who was dying of cancer. He gave me a beat up old compound Darton bow as a gesture because he knew I hunted. Through many ideas I got on here and other hunters locally, I decided to invest my time learning to use a bow. I like it alot.PLUS....it gives me extra hunting/ scouting time in the WMA in which I hunt.
c7
Old 07-20-2006, 02:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

G-Dawg02, a buddy of mine who happens to be on the board once every blue moon, got a crossbow from a pawn shop back when we were in the 8th grade or so.

I scrounged around and came up with a crossbow that was my Great Uncle's before he moved on, that my Grandpa had at his house...an old PSE Foxfire.

We started shooting crossbows and eventually made the progressive switch to compounds...neither one of us has ever looked back...
Old 07-20-2006, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, 18 years ago (dang I'm getting old) I loved to hunt and wanted to be in the woods any way possible. Bow season is one month longer than the rest of deer season in TX so that's why I started.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:02 AM
Site Buck Guru

My dad got me into it in the early 60's, when I was 5 or 6. I still think it's the coolest thing ever, as my 18 year old son has now taken 6 bucks and 4 does. It's a family tradition.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:29 AM

My buddy at church got me into hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.