Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Growl Call??? >

Buck Growl Call???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Growl Call???

Old 07-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default Buck Growl Call???

I watched Deer and Deer Hunting today and the whole show was about the new Buck Growl from M.A.D. calls.When I first saw it in magazines it seemed like a joke.But they showed some pretty neat footage of some bucks growling at does.Some of them were bucks growling at does that someone hadalready harvested and they were in heat.The bucks were gouging at them and growling and soon after other bucks would show up.One clip was from a guy in Tenn. who shot a doe and when he was getting out ofhis stand he heard a loud growl.He looked upand thebuck was shuffing the doe all over the place.He started video taping it again and soon after bucks were all over the place.Just wondering if anybaody has tried it or plans on trying it?I'm always looking for something new to help mestick around in the stand a little longer experimenting.
Oh BTW if you missed todays show I thought it was worth watching if you catch the rerun on.
Thanks,
James
Old 07-17-2006, 08:35 PM

Default RE: Buck Growl Call???

I saw the sme thing, wierd sounding but i thought the footage was awesome. I think im goin to try it this year.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Typical Buck

Drury is promiting that new call on all their new videos for this year. They haven't really came out with any new call ina long time, well since they got with outland sports. seems like all their attention is put into making the videos.

I think everyone will end up trying it out, just like "the can" from a few years ago.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:28 AM

Drury has shown some interesting footage concerning this call. I'm guessing that it will be a rather hot item this year.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:01 AM

All I know is I am getting it. And I hope I have some success with it.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

The footage is pretty awesome that they have. I personally that this is a call for every situation. Probably will work best where there is a close ratio of bucks and does since it seems to be an aggresive buck vocalization. I'm sure it will be a hot item though. The can analogy was a good one to compare it too. Someone shoots a monster with this call and there will be no problem selling them!
Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

i just got mine abouta week ago. i have watched the video 5 times already along with my dad and now he wants me to get him one. I hope its not a gimmick