Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you buy it?? >

Would you buy it??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you buy it??

Old 07-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Would you buy it??

I have a friend who is getting into the DVD game (taping hunts)they have quite a few sponsors already and are also going to feature a new product at Gander Mtns.
It is a scent extraction and dispersalkit. Basically once you harvest a deer elk etc, you use a hypodermic needle and extract urine, semen or whatever fluids you desire. Then you store them in these bags that are virtually undestructable. These bags can be hung as scent drippers or (get this) worn on your legs so scent drips with every step. He says the ideal scenerio is doe in heat scent on one leg and buck scent dripping from the other.

In theroy a great idea, but would you buy it ???
Old 07-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Would you buy it??

sounds like it would work...keep us posted

Old 07-17-2006, 11:59 AM

hmm.....
Old 07-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know guys that already do that. I watched Ted Nugent actually have people do it on one of his reality shows. its a great idea if you know what your after. i also know people that cut off and save glands to drag behind them and hang in trees etc. i think that "kit" would be a good idea though. make the needles and such readily availabe for the public. maybe even add a pamphlet that tells you what to take from certain game and when to take it. does in esterus. rutted up bucks etc and where to take the juices from.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I already do this.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

No offence to you or your friend but I highly doubt I would buy it. I don't know exactly what the "shelf life" of urine or other fluids are but they do begin to break down after a period of time.

Even when you get the "best" stuff you have to know how to use it or you might do more harm than good.

In many cases when a person gets an animal down they are done for the year so the market would be limited as far as practical use...

On the otherhand how smart am I??? Somebody got the great idea to put holes in blue jeans and got rich off of selling them. I put holes in mine workng for a living and never proffited a dime from it....

Old 07-17-2006, 12:40 PM

If it works then yeah.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

No offence to you or your friend but I highly doubt I would buy it. I don't know exactly what the "shelf life" of urine or other fluids are but they do begin to break down after a period of time.

Even when you get the "best" stuff you have to know how to use it or you might do more harm than good.

In many cases when a person gets an animal down they are done for the year so the market would be limited as far as practical use...

On the otherhand how smart am I??? Somebody got the great idea to put holes in blue jeans and got rich off of selling them. I put holes in mine workng for a living and never proffited a dime from it....

Yeah, Tell me about it, the only time i'm in STYLE is when I'm at work.. LOL, unless i let the wife buy me clothes... HEHE
Old 07-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Antler Eater

No offense taken Antler, cuz I was kinda doubting it myself. But I didn't want to be a buzz kill. I mean I got access to needles and stuff and could easily do it myself. But come on do I want to play CSI or just spend 10 bucks on a bottle of my favorite scent?
I was just doing some market research and I'm surprised at how many like the idea.