Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wild Outdoors Yesterday >

Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Old 07-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Wild Outdoors Yesterday

I watched Wild Outdoors last night and first of all let me say how dissappointed I was with Jay Gregory for trying to shoot that goat through the panel fence. What are the chances of getting a arrow through that and not only that but what ifhe would've barely touches the fence and deflects the arrow through the gut, VERY poor ethics as far as I'm concerned. Then the show this guy shooting this goat and the arrow barely hits the goat in the stomach and back leg and they say that the goat died within 100 yards. I played the shot back in slow motion and he couldn't have gotten more than half of the broadhead in the gut before it went into the back leg. There's NO way that that goat died that quickly. This has to be one of the worst show that I'veseen Jay do.
Old 07-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wild Outdoors Yesterday

gutshot,

email him. Tell him how you feel. Enough people do this and maybe the producers will learn.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Banned

I didn't see it, but if a guy named gutshot says it wasa gutshot; that's good enough for me.HCH
Old 07-17-2006, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

HA HA...I didn't see it but it sounds about right.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was thinking the same thing myself when I watched that.

Old 07-17-2006, 12:11 PM

I agree, I saw it too, the gut shot goat,, was so far back, all the way to the back of the guts, and into the hind quarters,,, the guy said hit that one a little farther back than I would have liked... then it just went over the rise... the shot through the fence was bad too,,, dont know why he even tried it,, I usually like his stuff, but I havent been to pleased with his show lately.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

He sucks. We would all be better off if none of these yuppies had hunting shows. Everyone of them bring our passion into a bad light. When I hunt it is nothing like what is on tv. These yo yo's make shots at deer that shouldn't even be thought of. Then they start their fist pumping and about fall over from the "BIG ADRENLIN RUSH" practically doing the 5 knuckle shuffel in their tree stand. There are a couple of them that havn't forgot whats it is about but most are big sell outs.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

I saw that. I don't think the fence deal was that bad. He looked close to the fence, thus any contact would have resulted in a miss. Had it been close to the goat, no.

After that show I watched the PSE show and the guy took a 50 yard shot at a turkey. Yikes.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:36 PM

I don't think the fence being close or far has much to do with the ethical issue. If it had been brush in the wayor a big whitetail buckwould it be different? I saw the shotand couldn't believe Jay would do that. He has preached ethical shots before. I hope it wasn't just because it was a goat.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

What MOTOWN said.

Quick Reply: Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.