Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wild Outdoors Yesterday >

Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Old 07-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Didnt see that one, but figures..
Old 07-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

I just posted the same thing about that show last week when I saw it. I couldn't believe they even aired it. I use to really like Jays shows but, it seems that the pressure of getting kills on film have really gotten to him. I still watch the Wild Outdoors but they aren't as good as they use to be.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Then they start their fist pumping and about fall over from the "BIG ADRENLIN RUSH" practically doing the 5 knuckle shuffel in their tree stand.
I think it's symptomatic of the pop culture of the past few generations. I saw an article in TBM bemoaning the exact same thing but I really am not suprised they act that way. Watch any major sporting event and the very same thing happens after every score. Fist pounding, hot dogging, chest beating, dancing, belly bumping,and all other antics goes on. I'm sometimes guilty myself and I'm just a spectator. I don't begrudge them a little exuberance, I just get tired of the more "trendy" methods of doing it:ie.Baseball's fist punching (tapping fists together) and trendy slogans(tm). These smack of fanboy-ism or a marketing attempt. (or maybe an ego stroke to see how many people pick up their trademark slogan?) But even older school guys can be guilty of this. (RR and his "Jimminy Christmas", I love his older shows but is he really that hyper?)
Old 07-17-2006, 02:35 PM

I saw a show last week I can't remember which one it is. The guy, in a treestand shot a buck that was pointed almost directly towards him?
I kept thinking he was going to wait for him to turn or something to offer a shot but Noooooo, he just shot it, he says, along the neck and into the chest.
WTF? He even said he didn't like to take the shot. Well, why did you then ya Dip wad? ( I know, it's the $$)
I'm a pretty good shot and I would have never taken a shot like that.

I am seeing it more and more. Supposedly "Pro Hunters" taking very marginal shots. They should not be doing this.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

A bad shot is one thing, it happens, can happen to anyone, that is hunting, televise it...? No, prolly not but again, it's hunting....now deliberately taking a pathetic shot, that's another thing. Jay's not one of my favorites.
Old 07-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Host of Hosts

I made the mistake of buying Whitetail Obsession 5 last year which stars Jay and Tammy Gregory and their little boy Wyatt. I hated the video.... There were some questionable shots in that video as well, and the sound quaility was non existant. Most of the video I couldn't understand what anyone was saying. I wrote an email to Drury Outdoors who produced the video in cooperation with the Gregories. I never heard back.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

i used to watch the show till a couple seasons ago i saw him hunting with his wife and she got too cold and when a nice buck came in she couldn`t draw her bow on him, well ol jay helped her draw her bow, then she missed the buck, just could have easily gut shot it...
Old 07-17-2006, 06:32 PM

While I enjoy most hunting shows, at the same time I have a problem w/ them as well. This is one example of why I don't like them. We are at the mercy of editing and voiceovers. There are only 2 people that truely know how that went down, and all we can believe is what they tell us. In most cases, I just don't buy it.

Now, as far as it only going 100 yards, THAT I can believe. The femoral artery runs the length of both legs, and if you severe that rascal, the critter will bleed out VERY quickly.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw the show and I can compare it to the "Bowhunter mag. TV." show with MR. James and Dwight Shue?(sp) that I saw last night. In the Bowhunter show, they were hunting elk, and I don't rememeber exactly how many shots they took, and aired, BUT they never connected on a single elk, about 5 or 6 shots were taken. Several of the shots were deflected by tree limbs. SO, which is worse, taking a shot that has a tree limb between you and the target, or taking a shot with a fence between you and the target?
I just love to read on here all the comments that the couch potato "quaterbacks" have to say, because I'm sure you're all SO much better at NOT taking questionable shots in the real world, OF COURSE, you don't have a camara over your shoulder, so no one will ever know YOUR truth!!
I ain't saying I'm perfect neither, BUT I've missed a shot or two do to deflections, JUST not on film!!
I do however agree, Jay sat himself up for failure by putting his blind obviously in the wrong spot!! Shooting through a barded wire fence is one thing, BUT to shoot through a mesh fence, no much room for error!!
Old 07-17-2006, 07:16 PM

We're not trying to sell it to the public though, either.

Quick Reply: Wild Outdoors Yesterday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.