Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
poll time (  when to take the shot ) >

poll time ( when to take the shot )

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

poll time ( when to take the shot )

Old 11-03-2002, 07:40 PM

Default poll time ( when to take the shot )

Ok here it is you are hunting a deer comes in and it's kinda brushy and geeting late in the evening. You only have one little section to shoot through but there is some slight brush or a tree covering the normal spot on the vitals that you normaly would place your arrow. Do you.........

A. shoot around or over the brush and " hope " for a good shot.

B. say the heck with it and take your chances by shooting through the brush becouse you only want a vital area hit.

C. let the deer walk and wait for another oppertunity another time when you can get a good clean shot.

P.S. it is getting dark and you can't tell if the deer is buck or doe. Thanks for any input this is just a fun poll.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: poll time ( when to take the shot )

When you can visualize that arrow going through the vitals.
Aim small.

Wait for the clean shot.

I've missed nice bucks completely by just that one stick in the way. The arrow went down in the dirt or on one occasion I shot at a nice buck just on the other side of a barbwire fence, the shot was about 45 yards and the wire was down the side of him and crosssing over his vitals and I shot for the heart and that arrow hit the wire and shot 2 inches of his back. I called that buck back in but not close enough for a good shot and he got away.

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
Eastern Ontario Guided Adventures http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html

Edited by - droptine on 11/03/2002 20:48:26
Old 11-03-2002, 08:25 PM

Default RE: poll time ( when to take the shot )

c. you can't see all the small twigs in the dark and a deflected arrow can only result in a wounded deer that you won't recover and will never see again i rather wait knowing that the possibility of me seeing this deer again is real