Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer-e-ere?

Old 07-14-2006, 08:18 AM

Default Deer-e-ere?

Anyone see this new product to help with field dressing yet??? It's this tool that's supposed to make getting the anus, etc. out much easier when field dressing. According to the copy in the sportsmansguide catalog I got:

"Just stick the Deer-e-ere™ in and twist out your animal's anal canal...cut, tie off and the job is done."

I've also attached a photo at the bottom.

I guess I've found it to be one of the least pleasant and trickier tasks of the whole process but not difficult enough for a separate tool just for that. Who knows though? Anyone use this before?

If I get one, I'll have to keep it in the utensils drawer in the kitchen next to the melon baller and such.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:26 AM

Default RE: Deer-e-ere?

this sounds gross but id like to see a video or something to see if its worth the money. If its *snap* your done then id prob get it but an extra 2 min or so cutting it out isnt the worst thing ive done.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Typical Buck

I too would like to hear if this thing works. ha, ha
Old 07-14-2006, 08:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Now let me get striaght you put this in the deers butt twist and pull, then you cut.
I think I'm missing something here!
How much does that anus gutter cost.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't need one...I bone out my hams or seperate the ham at the ball joint with a knife...By doing so I also eliminate the need to remove the bladder...Don't know about you but I ain't fooling around in that area!!!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

There is a video on their website. I don't like how the guy does it. I suppose it looks like it works, but after pulling out the last foot of the intestine that turns into the anus, he cuts it off at about 6 or 8 inches...then pushes it back in! I think I would tie it off before doing that personally.

http://www.deer-e-ere.com/index.html
Old 07-14-2006, 09:59 AM

Definately looks easier with that.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:03 AM
Boone & Crockett

You know I used to split the pelvic bone when gutting until I was taught not to an ring the anus, since then I've never had a problem with ringing the anus for removal. That's just something else to carry and lose. It might work, it might not, it's not for me.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:09 AM

Rob, that makes a lot of sense. So basically, you just split the pelvis and then cut the intestines away once the pelvis is open? Would be less annoying than using the tip of your knife to ring the anus and avoid puncturing anything in the process. I had never thought of that. Good point. This is the method I will use this season.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Deer-e-ere

Sportman's Guide has it for $10($9 for club) + shipping , the mfr sells it for $15 + shipping , and by the time they hit Wally World it'll probaby be $5 . It looks gimmicky , but it would speed the process and help with sanitation , so why not ? I gut mine at home , so it isn't like I would lose it or drop it from my stand .

Quick Reply: Deer-e-ere?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.