Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've got it

Old 07-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default I've got it

Anybody else have the itch for bow season? Hopefully shoot my first deer with a bow this year, I'm 16 years old.It's been a while since i've been on here. Lately in the evenings I've been driving by where I hunt and watch the deer in the soybeans, looked like a real nice buck out there wish I would have remebered my binoculars. Also I've been shooting my bow if it's not to hot out. Need to go buy the new Drury Outdoors Dream Season DVD's, are they pretty good this year?
Old 07-13-2006, 06:18 PM

Default RE: I've got it

Oh yeah, I've got it. I've been trying to supress it by bass fishing. I've been learning some new tricks there, so that occupies my mind enough to keep me from going absolutely insane! Can't wait!

I was pretty much under control until I applied for a draw muzzle loader hunt yesterday.....I can barely sit still any longer.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:20 PM

I think everyone has it. I have it and ive been bowfishing and hoog hunting and turkey hunting since last season. I shot my first with a bow the 2nd to last day of the season last year. I was 16 too. Its AWESOME. next year youll be counting down the days like me...80 days and counting
Old 07-13-2006, 06:24 PM

...80 days and counting
LOL...you poor boy!!! Only 65 here!!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:29 PM

Man I don't know, the blood suckers are BADDD here this year. I am not looking forward to that part of it.

I need to go set stands pretty soon and I am dreading it. It's to the point here where I need to spray myself down with off just get the freakin mail anymore.

Paul
Old 07-13-2006, 06:32 PM

[blockquote]quote:

...80 days and counting [/blockquote]

LOL...you poor boy!!! Only 65 here!!
mobowhuntr... I pity YOU! We only have 64 days here in MD!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:44 PM

Funny you ask, just yesterday morning I drove by a couple roadkilled does. Normally I think to myself, "what a waste", but the sight of them got me a little excited.

I could almost smell the wet coat and a little blood, but I think it was all in my mind.

It even got a little cooler in the truck I think...very Fall-ish.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Man I don't know, the blood suckers are BADDD here this year. I am not looking forward to that part of it.

I need to go set stands pretty soon and I am dreading it. It's to the point here where I need to spray myself down with off just get the freakin mail anymore.

Paul

1 word...thermacell
Old 07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

I never lose the itch! When the last day of season(the worst day of the year)comes I'm already making plans for the next one. Where to put food plots, scouting for the bucks that survived season, shed hunting, etc...................It never ends!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:06 AM

Two words, I'M POOR!

I never heard of this product, at first I thought you were talking about some sort of clothing. I was thinking expensive and hot! It is kind of warm around here in the opening of bow season.

I looked the product up, and it's a repellent device. Sounds interesting. And at 30 bucks or so something I might actually be able to afford (maybe). I will have to look into it. I can't imagine bow hunting bug free, that would just be wierd.

Heck it would be nice to have to mow the lawn, just put one on the mower and go. Of course off works pretty good for that. I have a fogger as well, but the new skeeters sort of laugh at that thing.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.