Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly? >

Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly?

Old 07-13-2006, 07:02 AM

Default Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly?

Hey I found a Gorilla Greyback Deluxe hunter climbing stand for really cheap but I have as always questions. First are the seats that they have as comfortable as they say? And my only other question, Are these quiet stands? Thanks in advance for the info.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:18 AM

Default RE: Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly?

1st off, I have never used a Gorilla climber, but I have other Gorilla stands- the King Kong. I believe this has the same seat and this is like the Cadillac of hunting stands. The seats really are comfortable and I know the overall quitness of the stand is great. I can imagine that the climber are just as nice of a stand.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:55 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Good stands. The seat is one of the most comforable I have sat in. I really like the net seats. You can sit the stand all day without a problem. It attatches to the tree very quickly and quiet. It is a solid platform once on the tree. It is not the quietest stand on the market and that would be my biggest beef with it. I think you could modify a few things to quiet it down. I don't own one but 2 of my hunting buddies have them and I've used them quite a bit. You have to make sure they are really set on the tree or they will creak when you stand up. That is the only issue I had with them. For the money I think they are a great deal. I use Lone Wolf so most other climbers seem noisy to me.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 PM

Sorry I didnt make myself clear but I meant the mesh seats. As far as I know the king kong hang on has a foam seat.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

The mesh seats are comfie bescaus there are no pressure points but they are obviously not very warm in the winter. but they are nice stands. I would not hesitate if I were you. I would also consider something in the summit line if I were you. Goodluck in your search.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: ilovehunting

Sorry I didnt make myself clear but I meant the mesh seats. As far as I know the king kong hang on has a foam seat.
yeah, thats right, i forgot about the mesh seats on them
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 AM

Thanks for the replys guys, I really appreciate it. I will let you know when I decide on which one. Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gorilla mirrors Ol'man which I have and absolutley love. I've used many and this is my top choice, you won't be sorry with it that's for sure and the mesh seats, yes, very comfortable.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:10 AM

The mesh seat is ok. It's nice to be able to move it out of the way while climbing or standing for a shot. One of my buddies has an ol' man with the mesh seat that I've used. Ol' man marketed a soft foam pad that you could strap on over the mesh seat and provided a back rest as well. Very much improved the length of time that I could sit comfortably.
Old 07-14-2006, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will get exactly what you pay for, as with anything!

Quick Reply: Gorilla climbers-Good,Bad,or Ugly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.