2 million dollars why couldnt the guy go out west or something.... 2million would buy more land out..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 LOST MY HONEY HOLE !!! >

LOST MY HONEY HOLE !!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

LOST MY HONEY HOLE !!!

Old 07-12-2006, 12:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: LOST MY HONEY HOLE !!!

It is a christams tree farm and big fields along with a real thick creek bottom. I heard that he was going to build a house and that was it. As far as Iknow they are not developing it. but who knows.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

SAD TO HERE. thats the sign of the times.Especially in the North east. In chester county a acre is going for 145,000. getting really tough to find a place to hunt other then the gamelands that have 25 hunters per sq mile
Old 07-12-2006, 01:08 PM

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

Around here, a 1.5 or 2 acre house lot goes for around $200k

Figure if they divided that up into even whole 2 acre lots, that's 43 house lots @ 200k apiece equals a gross profit of 6.6 million (8.6 minus the 2) before they even put a house on them! Maybe it costs them a couple mil to put in the road and utilities.. chump change to these developers.

That's where the world is going: The dreaded "cul-de-sac" is going to kill hunting in sub-rural America as we know it! [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear Frankie, that's why I love my rural living up here.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

I miss hunting the wood lots in Butler....
Old 07-12-2006, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Almost 2 million for 97 acres?
The 220 acres we hunted on beside I-81 in Martinsburg, WV sold for 7.89 million 2 years ago, so I believe it. Developers and construction companies buy it, divide it in 1/4 or 1/3 acre plots, and sell them for 40 grand.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

KIDD I found out on Monday the 35 acres where I hunt may sell to. My 9 year old finally said she wanted to go with me this year. I prayed that God would set aside the perfect spot for us to hunt on that she would see deer and we would have a wonderful time together. I pray the same for you and your son. God is not limited by land owners. He owns all the land and the deer in it and He is the one that will bring the harvests. The Bible said all good things come from the Lord and the special time with your son isa good thing. Pray and ask God to help you and you will be amazed what He gives you. He does exceedingly abundantly above all we ask or think.Ask the Lord and trust himand you'll be fine.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I'm from southern York Co. and I'll confirm the prices of land in this area. Land is out of control. I just had a 47 acre farm about 1/2 mile from my property go for $600,000. 1 acre lots are going for $90,000 - $120,000.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

That's cheap depending where you are. My brother-in-law just sold his less then an acre w/a 4000 sqft house on it for 1.4 mill. The kicker is, it's called a tear down because he didn't build big enough. The day he closes the dozer moves in.

On the flip side, construction companies are moving in and buying property to sit on so they have reserve to build on. You want good land to hunt? Start looking for the principles of these companies and socialize. It's not hard to get permission to hunt there if you know them.

Good luck!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

THAT sucks. Where at? I live very close to E-Town.

Quick Reply: LOST MY HONEY HOLE !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.