Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camera Stabilizer >

Camera Stabilizer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camera Stabilizer

Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Camera Stabilizer

Hey everyone...glad to be back. Got some great camera pics I will be posting soon. My question is, has anyone ever used the video camera mount that goes where your stabilizer should be for in order to video a hunt when alone?? Just curious. I have a 2-man ladder for when I am with someone, but was looking at this for when alone. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Camera Stabilizer

ive heard they didnt do very well
Old 07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I just wanted to get some feedback before I purchased one. What about the moveable ones that strap to the tree??
Old 07-11-2006, 03:49 PM

I have both and the one that mounts on your bow is good until you get ready to shoot. Then when you shoot the bow you lose everything. The one that mounts on the tree is good except that you have to make sure that it is pointed in the right spot when the deer comes by. if you have a camera that has auto focus on it that can be a pain as well. It will try to focus on every bush in the way and leave everything else out of focus.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

SW I H is right, the stabilizer mounts are okay for footage leading up to the shot but you'll never get the shot because of bow jump and if you try to hold too steady your executing poor form...it's best to get a tree mounted camera unless you don't want the actual shot on film...that's the most important piece of footage.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. I am just trying to figure out a way to get good footage while alone. Been trying to talk the wife into being camera man, but no dice.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:43 PM

theres a camera attachment that is called the Hunt Cam that can clip on your hat, bow or gun and allows you to video tape whatever you are looking/aiming at. a friend of minehas one and likes it a lot.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

Bets bet if you want good pics... Hang stand pairs... Hunt with a friend and take turns w/ the camera. It is just exciting to be behind the camera as it is to be the shooter. you learn alot about the deer as well while in the stand. Bust just remember take your bow also as early season bucks tend to move together. You may just get the shot of a lifetime when you least expect it.
Old 07-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

A friend of mine just bought a Hunt Cam and said when he releases he loses everything.[:@]
Old 07-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks. Has anyone else used the Hunt Cam?? Can it be put on your hat to avoid vibration when shooting?

Quick Reply: Camera Stabilizer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.