Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad discovery...need some advise >

Bad discovery...need some advise

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad discovery...need some advise

Old 07-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bad discovery...need some advise

I was was looking over my bow the other day and made a bad discovery. I noticed that the serving part on one of my cables where it loops around the post is broke and unraveling. Now I need to get this all fixed before the season, only a few months away.

My question....I'm heading over to the pro shop tonight to have him look at it, but I figured I would try to get a little heads up info before I got there. Will he be able to just reserve the cable and make it like new?...or is that not possible and I will need to have the entire thing replaced? If I have to have thecable replace, I intend on doing it all (string, buss, cable, etc.).....so what would be a good string company to go with? A few I've heard of are Winner Choice and Zebra? Are these good? I've never heard anymore about them than that?

Also...if a better option is to have the pro shop make me a string, what would be a good material for it? I know some are for speed, others for no-stretch, but I'm oblivious to the pros and cons of each. Any suggestions?

I know this is kind of an out there question...but any advise you guys can give me in advance is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bad discovery...need some advise

PM gibblet. He makes strings and they are good ones. He'll help you with any questions you have as well.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:10 PM

You can't go wrong with Gibblet's strings...he made mine for $55 and when the Shop tech at my favorite bow shop saw them, he said...man gotta get me some of these!!!

Bo

Old 07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

gibblet is truly the only way to go, when i need new ones thats who im gonna go with