Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 fletching recomendations >

fletching recomendations

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fletching recomendations

Old 07-07-2006, 11:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default fletching recomendations

well i got a dozen of them easton carbonaeros and set aside 3 for practice. i have about 50 shots on each of those 3 and the fletching is getting wavy.i am using a whisker biscuit but like not having to worry about my arrow fallin off the rest so i really dont want to switch....any recomendations on a fletching that will hold up better and not get all wavy on me?
Old 07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: fletching recomendations

well first of all your fletchings shouldnt be getting wavy. load an arrow in the wb and nock it, there should be some space between the arrow and the wb,but yours seems to not have any or not have enough. Try trimming the whiskers some,that should really help also if you want try going to a medium sized biscuit or even a large.I know it shounds rediculous for carbons but im shooting carbons thru a large biscuit and works just fine.To answer your question try going to feathers.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

just look at what the fletching on my new arrows already looks like (50 shots per arrow) its the same fletch on each arrow that takes the worst beating....is it me? the position of the fletching when the arrow is nocked?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Well I have fletched my own arrows for years now and I am sold on the Extreme Shrink Fletch - Quik Spin Vane. They are extreemly easy to use and they are easy to replace on carbon arrows.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=79623&hvarDept=400&a mp;hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=14&hvarSubCode =8&hvarTarget=browse

Old 07-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

so i dont have to have that machine that puts them at the right angles or nothing? and how do they hold up with a whisker biscuit?
Old 07-07-2006, 05:36 PM

One word....

Blazer

That is all.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

info plz
Old 07-07-2006, 06:26 PM

Can't see the pic all that well.

I can see that you are unglued on one,

but wavey is not something you should expect short of the fletchings being stretched somehow, or maybe being subjected to high temps, or possible being stored where the fletching is distorted by laying against something and that should only be a temporary thing until they relax.

What kind of fletching? Glue? How do you store them? And where? Anything else you can think of.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

fletching and glue is what came from easton, and i store them in my basment in my quiver while the bow hangs on the wall so nothing is touching them and they stay cool all the time....they are straight till i shoot them alot....and theey always comin un glued....should ibe usin my own glue? or is factory glue good enough and mybe my WD is causing this? possibly nocking it wrong? i have the blue fletch dirictly up and the 2 orange ones down when it is nocked...
Old 07-07-2006, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Campo

One word....

Blazer

That is all.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: fletching recomendations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.