Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"NEW" bow, lol

Old 07-06-2006, 02:13 PM

Default "NEW" bow, lol

Here's my new bow, don't even have it yet, but its in the mail. Let me know what you think, even if its a piece of junk! Keep in mind, I'm new to archery, just want something to learn with and decide later about a nicer bow. This came from ebay for practically nothing, rather than spending 4-5 hundred on a new hobby.

Old 07-06-2006, 02:58 PM

Default RE: "NEW" bow, lol

Personaly I like it.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:07 PM

Here's a more specific question: Do I need to start thinking about an arrow rest, stabilizer or cable guard, or just shoot it as is? And if so, what are some appropriate recomendations?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I have one close to it. Mine was free from a cancer patient I visited alot. I'd like to make one suggestion as this is my 2nd year of serious archery. For 20.00 I took mine to a bow shop and had the man put a rest on there that the fletching would not touch easily. The one you have on there will bend your fletchings up. I simply took my bow in and he put one of these on. I have the same type of bow as you and rest for these type of bows are very limited. I'll send a picture of my rest. We have standard windows and most of the new bows have off set windows. Mine shoots very straight and nearly zero rubbing of the fletching.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Dominant Buck

Here's another pic from behind..The 3 pin site I have also stinks and Hardcorehunter gave me the heads up whereI could buy one that would glow in very low lighting . Should be here anyday.

Old 07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that you are going to be limited to a stick on rest such as those used by recurve shooters. It does not appear to be drilled and tapped for any type of plunger rest. I suggest the old and true flipper rest or Flipper II, if this be the case. And for best results probably feather fletching to help clear the riser.

Knowing what I know about bows it's probably worth more as a collectors item than a shooter. You may be doing the bow an injustice by submitting it to shooting. You're probably looking at a bow nearly 30 years old. If it breaks it's broke. No new parts available, especially since it's all one piece.

Be ssure to use dacron string on it. It won't take the stress of any type of fast-flight string.

Good luck.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like its in good condition...
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kudo's to you, you have to start somewhere. I'm going into my second season and my bow is almost as old(20yrs), shoots real nice as far as I'mwilling to shoot. Good luck and I wish you yrs of enjoyment...... an upgrade isn't far away for either of us.