Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can You Hear It And Find It? >

Can You Hear It And Find It?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can You Hear It And Find It?

Old 07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can You Hear It And Find It?

Just wondering how you guys find noise making items on your bows? I hear a couple different noises coming from mine. They are not extremely loud so it's hard to pinpoint the noise. So what do you do? Do you use a process of elimination by removing parts one at a time or have someone else listen at the shot and try to figure where it's coming from? I have already tightened all available screws, nuts, ect. I am using a rubber tube peep. How much noise can that make? Haven't tried removing it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, LT
Old 07-05-2006, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Can You Hear It And Find It?

That ol' eye slapper makes too much noise for me. I would take it off just to see if that's were the unwanted noise is coming from. Also, some drop-away rests make noise when they bottom out. Check it if you have one.
gl
Old 07-06-2006, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pull that rubber band off and fling a few- proof will be in the puddin'.

I went through the process of elimination and feel my VBG slider sight and trophy ridge drop zone are adding noise to my rig that otherwise wouldn't be there.
I added an STS and it helped shut up the noise I was hearing. Maybe next year I will replace the noise makers with something else. Seasons getting to close to fool with it now, plus my needs list has yet to be filled [&:].
Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 PM

You would be amazed at how much noise that rubber tube causes. Using a longer tube can sometimes decrease it a bit. Try just taking it off though and see!

We once tore my buddy's bow down completely to try and find a noise he was suffering. It turned out to be his rest which was the last thing we suspected!

Those little simms "buttons" can help by placing them on suspect items, but that can be expensive.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Replace your tube-style peep with a Fletcher Tru Peep and a quality set of strings that won't move after they're shot in... You won't need that tube anymore, you'll rid yourself of any possibility of noise coming from it, and you'll gain a few fps in the process.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, thanks for the advice. I believe I will try removing the tube. Can I still get good results with the factory bowtech string. It's on a Tomkat so it's not the upper end Bowtech strings I don't think. It's just black and not two colors twisted like I have seen on the 2006 models. I have probably close to 700 to 800 shots out of it. Another thing is this TR dropzone. I can not for the life of me quiet this thing as much as I would like but I think it's too close to season for me to be changing sites. I love the way it works but it's noisy on the bottom end. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and if anyone has any more, please shoot em to me.

Thanks, LT
Old 07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
Banned

Get rid of that peep tube; noisy!!!!HCH
Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

When does your season start? Seriously, you should be able to put a newaccessory pieceon and have it pretty much dialed in within a day's time. At least a few days, at the worst.

It would be worth it -- if nothing else just for your sanity, I would think, to switch to something you feel more confident in.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am not so much worried about changing the rest Greg. The string is what concerns me. You think it would be settled by Oct.1 so that the peep would rotate right every time? I shoot about 200 shots a week or more. I just don't want a good one to get away cause my stinkin peep was not lined up.

Thanks, LT
Old 07-07-2006, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

There's one way to find out. Pull the rubber band and see if the peep pulls back the same after every shot. Shoot at like 10 yards while you are testing. The post the tubing attaches to might throw it off each shot though. I've seen people using them without the rubber band attatched though.

One way or another you'll have your answer well before deer season. If it doesn't work out just put the rubber band[:'(]back on.
I've been able to true a pee with crappy stock strings before. I'd think it has already moved whatever it will before it starts to break down (not anytime soon).

BTW, have you added the TR DZ upgrade "O"-rings to your rest yet? or does it already have them?
If you are unsure, raise the bar and look below where the arrow rest bar lands along the shaft it rides upon. you should see 2 o-rings beneath where the bar lands. (clear as mud hugh?)

If you don't have them contact TR and request the "upgrade kit" you'll get 4 tiny o-riongs and some instructions in the mail asap. 4 free.

Quick Reply: Can You Hear It And Find It?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.