Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

release ?

Old 07-05-2006, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default release ?

i've been looking for a release better suited for hunting i have a trufire x-caliper now and i was wanting something with a good trigger and a release that i can tuck out of the way when climbing and using calls and that kinda thing so its not in the way i have a string loop and something thats not gonna wear it out quick would be good but not a requirement what do ya'll recommend

thanks in advance for the help
Old 07-05-2006, 03:15 PM

Default RE: release ?

A good friend of mine just got a truball with a buckle and a strap leading release. I think it's called the hurricane, don't quote me on that. Any way it vary practical buckle no noise and strap can tuck out of the way very easily. Seems like the rest is up to what stile of trigger you prefer.

Tim
Old 07-05-2006, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

I use a thumb release and just put it in my pocket when I climb.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

Truball Tornado with a buckle is my favorite. HCH http://www.truball.com/home.html
Old 07-05-2006, 04:10 PM

I just bought a Cobra Mamba R1 with a velcro strap and so far I really like it. It swivels up and down as well as side to side. It also rotates 360 degrees, which is something I like very much.

Check Cobra's line out, they make a good product for a reasonable price.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM

I shoot the hurricane, and am very happy with it...my buddy just got the Judge which is a step up from the hurricane and that is a very versatile relase...lots of adjustability.

Bo

Old 07-05-2006, 06:10 PM

Tru-ball Tornado with buckle gets my vote also.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Use the most reliable release. Fingers thats the only way to go. Never malfunctions, never gets in the way. But Im a finger shooter, so what can I say...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't mind telling you that i feel that I'm using the best release ever made. its a free flight made by Winn archery equip.co . but i have to ask why do you feel you needto have it on when your climbing ? it would be far safer to put it on after your tied in and opens up a far larger number of releases to chose from.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

its not so much that i want to have it on climbing but when im walkin through the woods on the way to the stand i have an arrow nocked and the release already on in case one would jump up within bow range and offer a shot its happened be4 and more than likely will happen again the one time i dont have it on and ready

Quick Reply: release ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.