Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drury Dream Season...Comments >

Drury Dream Season...Comments

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drury Dream Season...Comments

Old 07-05-2006, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Drury Dream Season...Comments

After reading the WHA post I was wondering how everybody feels about Dream Seaon. First these teams apply to get on the show. Once they are chosen they spend the next couple of months competing with each other for prizes and a chance to get a job with the Drury Brothers. They have competitions on video quality, kills, and set-ups to name a few. My question is do you think that this kind ofreality showdoes anything good to promote hunting or does it do harm?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Drury Dream Season...Comments

I think it is somewhat interesting.... but like most of the other shows... very unrealistic. I'd like to have them take teams from out here in MA, or ME or other states that have "tuff" deer hunting and see how they do... or put these teams of hunters in our areas and see how well they do... I think it would be reality check.
We hunt primarily public land in areas that are not managed at all. Show me a video of a guy hunting his tail off to get a shot at a doe or a little fork horn and I will have a whole new appreciation for them.

Having said that... I do enjoy watching these guys from Texas and the Midwest kill the bucks I dream about. You can learn alot from what they do right and wrong. Good entertainment anyway.

Old 07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

To clarify my position a little, I don't have a problem with hunting shows, I have a problem with team of "hunters" competing for prizes and jobs for entertainments sake.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I enjoyed the dream season, I have it on DVD now. I think if you are going to make a competition out of hunting they did a very classy job. They stressed the importance of hunting ethics and harvesting mature bucks and letting younger bucks walk for another year.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

To answer your question I dont think it hurts hunting as long as everyone isdoing everything legally.It makes it more interesting to see what the contestantsdid to get selected. And, it gives people more incentive to actually film hunts etc ... as some people dont reaaly care about getting on a show, and some people just enjoy hunting, period. Im glad they get people to do this so I have some deer hunting entertainment to watch during the off season.

On a side note, I really enjoy their shows, tapes, whatever. Im not sure what the real situations are where they hunt and to what extent they manage their properties, but they sure do get some hammers every year. If there are that many big bucks in the areas they hunt then god bless em, if there are very few trophys and they really know their ^#$@^ and are fortunate enough to harvest these rare monster bucks yearly then I admire them even more.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not too much different than what a lot of guys here do withthis HNIcontest. Prize isn't as big and no jobs can be had but the principal is the same.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

I actually really like the dream season because it just adds a fun competitive twist to hunting. It emphasizes using good judgement, team work,and sets some additional rules to it based on what the current competition is. I've never seen anything that puts down hunting or brought disrespect to the animals in any way. If there are things like that I'm not aware of it.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

I really enjoy the show.I think if anything itpromotes itbecause in Dream Season you get toactually seewho these people are how fun the whole process is.They take you to their home with family, work etc..let people see how a lot of us hunters are and how passionate we are of the Whitetail and other animals.Plus they promote a lot of really good things like the Catch a Dream.Awesome show,mainly because we get to see who they are and how they are just average Joes just like us.Most other hunting shows just show you the hunter while he's in the tree.Its ahelpful show to me because they showyou a lot of things you needto do before you get into the woods thata lot of shows don't.

Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 PM

i personally don't prefer any type of hunting contest for myself. maybe if i was better at it.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have Dream Season ( the tv series) and i didn't like it as much as most of the other Drury DVDs that I have. It was OK, just a little too much comentary. IMO

Quick Reply: Drury Dream Season...Comments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.