Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Best camera to put on your bow? >

Best camera to put on your bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best camera to put on your bow?

Old 07-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best camera to put on your bow?

I was thinking of filming my own hunts and was looking in Cabelas and they had a stabilizer that is a camera mount and i was wondering what camcorder you would think would be best for putting on the stabilizer and filming my hunts with? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
Jake
Old 07-03-2006, 03:44 PM

Default RE: Best camera to put on your bow?

I dont know if i would put a camera on my bow ,then that means i would get use of practicing with it.if i was going to film my hunt i would have that arm that attaches to the tree or have a friend join me
Old 07-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think there is a small and lite enough camara to use that won't force you to grip your bow, and to have good high resolution capture ability. And for certain, there's not a camara that is actually going to capture the impact of your shot, due to recoil of your bow at the shot!!
If there was truely a good way of mounting a camara on the front of a bow to capture truely good footage, it would be widely used in todays TV hunting craze, but it's not, and there's a good reason why!!
As was mentioned, look into a tree mounted video camara!
Old 07-03-2006, 08:51 PM

i've been looking at camcorders this one looks good. it's pretty small. has good zoom and manuel focus on a easy joy stick. It is not too expensive either. http://cgi.ebay.com/PANASONIC-PVGS59-PV-GS59-MiniDV-CAMCORDER-980KIT-NEW_W0QQitemZ120002126844QQihZ002QQcategoryZ20332Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemPanasonic PV-GS59 MiniDV CamcorderJust my 2 cents
Old 07-03-2006, 10:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Every camcorder shot I've seen that came from a bow mounted camera you miss the shot and impact due to camera jump. I might suggest you look at a tree mount. I've never used one, but a couple of friends of mine have and they get some pretty good footage. Just a suggestion.

Kelly