Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Good name for a bow shop/range? >

Good name for a bow shop/range?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Good name for a bow shop/range?

Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Good name for a bow shop/range?

Waterloo Family Archery Center

Might get people intrigued to get the whole family out there.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:03 AM

Sticks and strings archery
Old 07-03-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second The Archery Addict

Tom
Old 07-03-2006, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Start with the word "Archery" so that when prospective customers look under "Archery" in the white pages - the first name they see is yours.

Also, you'll be one of the first ads in the yellow pages too - it's alphabetical under each title heading.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shurewood Archery(you know like Robinhood)

Old 07-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

a short list...

Shoot This!
Robin Hood's
Archery is for chumps
Kabella's

Do any of these work?!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:57 AM

Kabella'sthat's good!

The yellow page listing won't be a problem, there are only 3 or 4 listed under archery here in Waterloo. I figure most people, with that few to look thru, will see them all regardless of the order they are in?

For some reason I am still stuck on liking "Double Lung Archery"
I figure the anti's will hate me anyway and here in Iowa we don't have that many of them around.
I am not totally un PC, I did throw away a couple ideas, Blood Trail Archery and Gut Pile Archery, those seemed a little over the top even for me and I am an over the top kinda guy.

The shop will cater to bowhunters more than to target shooters and I want it to have a hunting type name,with some attitude. Not that I won't welcome target shooters but I am a hunter and I understand hunting. I think it would be best for the businessto concentrate on the things I do and know a little about.

Keep them coming guys!
Old 07-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Banned

I honestly don't think it matters what you call it. Do what makes you happy. The archers' will come if you have a great staff there that knows how to rig bows and you have great products. Of course your range is of great importance too. HCH If you are going to sell bows I would carry the top of the line names and only the top of the lines top of the line bows. Example: Hoyt..only carry the Trykon..anybody else wants a different Hoyt you can order it. The proshop in my area has adopted this planafter trial and error. They are a Hoyt and a Mathews dealer and they find that the majority want the Switchback XT or the Trykon. Any other bow can be ordered and there in a week to 10 days so why have overhead kill you. Just my 2 cents worth.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:03 AM

this ones a little stupid but archery r us
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 AM

keep it simple. Having a name like 'Bloody Arrow Archery' may get a few giggles from some,But will have that 'renegade' factor to more people, and probably turn them off. The newest one around here, Central Illinois Archery, has a pretty simple name,but those guys are getting a big following from sales and service,that and the fact they have an indoor range, outdoor range, and one of those 'Movie Theater shoot-at-thingamajiggys''

Quick Reply: Good name for a bow shop/range?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.