wow! That’s about all I can say about it. It is fast and quiet. I threw a Limb saver S-coil stabilizer on it and a HHA fiber wrap X hair sight. Going to have my shop set up the drop rest on Sunday. This bow is awesome but I do have a..." />

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new bow

Old 06-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default new bow

Well I got my new bowtech tribute on Sunday, wow! That’s about all I can say about it. It is fast and quiet. I threw a Limb saver S-coil stabilizer on it and a HHA fiber wrap X hair sight. Going to have my shop set up the drop rest on Sunday. This bow is awesome but I do have a question about it. It has the speed cams on it, I will basically only use this bow for hunting should I have the shop change it to the smooth mods?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Banned

Default RE: new bow

Mine came with the smooth mods and I sure like them. Never shot the speed ones.HCH
Old 06-30-2006, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the new bow.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

congratulations on the new bow
Old 06-30-2006, 04:13 PM

I've shot the one with speed cams and I can't imagine it getting any smoother than that. Bowtech already makes a smooth bow, I would stick with the speed cams.

That is with me having never shot the smooth cams, however.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think this is something you need to decide ,if you like the bow the way it is and am not sure about changing or not ,then see if your shop has one with the smooth mod's ,shoot it and then make your decision.Chpoose what feel's right for yourself ,you may lose a bit of speed ,but if you shoot better then go for it .

nubo
Old 06-30-2006, 08:00 PM

i've have both and with to speed because i couldn't tell the difference.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I have loved the bow that is till today. I was shooting and started to notice it was getting louder and louder. Then I could not pull back my bow past the ½ way point. Well on inspection I found that the bottom cams screws were loose and stopping the draw. Is this a common problem with bow techs? $750 I really hope not. I have maybe 100 shots off of this bow.[:@]
Old 07-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about your cam bolts & yes you need to tighten them because they will come loose. This thread is a good reminder for me to lock-tite mine in sinceI have decided to stick with the smooth mods for a while.

BTW I bought both sets of mods and the smooths just feel better to me.

My speed mods made my 61# bow feel like I was pulling the same amount of draw weight as whenI shoot my Patriot set on 65#.
With the smooth mods in I can actually feel the decreased resistance between the 2 bows.

Old 07-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Speed mods.

Tighten the hex nuts on the cams....I had the same problem, but once I tightened them, they stayed put!

I've heard of using lock-tite.

Isn't there one type to use, and another to avoid(blue or red or something like that?)?