Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question on buck pictures >

Question on buck pictures

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question on buck pictures

Old 06-29-2006, 10:54 AM

Default Question on buck pictures

On our land we have been getting tons of pictures of does. However we have not gotten any pictures of fawns or any real sized bucks. the only size buck i have seen is 2 small nubbers. We have 2 cameras one on corn and the other on a food plot. My question is why arent we getting any pictures of bucks or fawns. thanks for any help
Old 06-29-2006, 11:04 AM

Default RE: Question on buck pictures

I dont know if this happened already but I know bucks group together come summer. When this happens bucks and does generally stay away from each other till the groups break up. This may be why you are not seeing any bucks as you may have your camera in a place where only does are at this point in the year. Just a thought that came to mind.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Fork Horn

Put a mineral lick out and put your camera over it. I bet you will get some buck pictures once they find the mineral
Old 06-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure you have seen a nubber? Last years buck fawns (nubbers) would have antlers this year. This years buck fawns (nubbers) would have spots and I doubt the nubs are exposed yet. As far as your question, I too have the same situation. I have only one buck picture in velvet. I do have alot of does, with a picture of one fawn. I did get a short video clip of 2 fawns with my Cuddeback.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:50 AM

When i say nubber i mean only two to 3 inches, not just barely out of the skin
Old 06-29-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Buckfever1613

On our land we have been getting tons of pictures of does. However we have not gotten any pictures of fawns or any real sized bucks. the only size buck i have seen is 2 small nubbers. We have 2 cameras one on corn and the other on a food plot. My question is why arent we getting any pictures of bucks or fawns. thanks for any help
They moved to Florida to be with TDWW and his deer mgmnt program. same thing happened to our IA bucks and fawns.
HCH[/align]