Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Drop away or fletching contact rests? >

Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Old 06-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Banned

Default Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Let me know whether you use a dropaway or a rest that has fletching contact such as a Whisker biscuit. This peep sight thread makes me wonder why people use arrow rests that allow fletching contact.I always hear guys saying that theirs works fine if they use blasers or other types of fletchings. A dropaway works the same with all fletchings. Why would you use these fletching contact arrow rests when a dropaway is the purest form of flight for an arrow to leave your bow? I have a dropaway arrow holder that holds an arrow on and I can even turn my bow upside down and my arrow stays on. I use a Trophy Taker on both of my bows and I have a Parker Productions fall away arrow rest holder on them. NAP archery sells these too. Here is my Bowtech with the bow upside down showing that my arrow is not going anywhere. When I draw the bow it silently and effortlessly releases the arrow. Just curious? I am not dissing you for using a fletching contact rest; just curious as to why.
HCH
[/align]

Old 06-28-2006, 08:01 PM

Default RE: Drop away or fletching contact rests?

This is off topic of your thread, but what kind of stablizer are you useing? I've never seen one like that before and is it better than the others that are just straight??? I can't help you on your rest question.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Banned

It is a Bowtech Wildthing stabalizer
[/align]
Old 06-28-2006, 08:26 PM

Currently, I use a Drop Zone but will soon be switching to a WB. We all know that fletch contact is bad, it causes bad arrow flight, but that's because only ONE fletch hits the rest. W/ the WB, all 3 hit the biscuit w/ the same force, effectively cancelling each other out. They work very, very well w/ any fletching I've ever used, feathers included.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Banned

Arrow is still dragging through something affecting speed and flight to a certain degree. Curious as to why you are getting rid of the drop away.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-28-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i use a drop down rest .itsa vital gear. in the down position it holds on to the arrow with two little fingers,when you draw back the liftingaction opens the fingers .its like yousaid i can turn the bow up side down and it stays right there ready to go.
oh buy the way the check went out this morining..... thanks .
Old 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Yes, the arrow is dragging through it, and yes, you may lose a foot or two per second, but it simply doesn't affect arrow flight. I can shoot a perfect bullet hole, so it must fly just fine.

I'm getting rid of it because it's "too complicated," if that makes sense. The other day while shooting, my draw cord came loose from my cable, rendering the rest useless. Yes, the argument could be made that if you check your equipment regularly, it would have been caught, therefore fixed, before I shot it. Well, I check my bow over everytime I shoot it, and when I started the session, it was fine. All of a sudden, it came undone for whatever reason. That was that. I'm not going to chance that again. I have several friends that shoot the biscuit w/ terrific success, and that simplistic approach is difficult for me to deny. As much as I shoot, I'll need to keep an extra biscuit or two on hand, but that's no big deal.

That's the same reason I no longer use a peep w/ the tube. All it took was that tube breaking w/out warning, and that was that.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Banned

Cool Cataway....MOBO, FWIW,I shoot my bows daily and have literallyprobably shotthousands of arrows through a Trophy Taker since I started using one 4 years ago and I have harvested 16 deer using the Trophy Taker and have never had one fail or cost me a hunt.
HCH
[/align]
Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Yes, the arrow is dragging through it, and yes, you may lose a foot or two per second, but it simply doesn't affect arrow flight. I can shoot a perfect bullet hole, so it must fly just fine.

I'm getting rid of it because it's "too complicated," if that makes sense. The other day while shooting, my draw cord came loose from my cable, rendering the rest useless. Yes, the argument could be made that if you check your equipment regularly, it would have been caught, therefore fixed, before I shot it. Well, I check my bow over everytime I shoot it, and when I started the session, it was fine. All of a sudden, it came undone for whatever reason. That was that. I'm not going to chance that again. I have several friends that shoot the biscuit w/ terrific success, and that simplistic approach is difficult for me to deny. As much as I shoot, I'll need to keep an extra biscuit or two on hand, but that's no big deal.

That's the same reason I no longer use a peep w/ the tube. All it took was that tube breaking w/out warning, and that was that.
i suspect he'll be back to adropper after he See's what that thing does to the fletching.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I use a trophy taker no problems at all wasn't the W/B developed for use out of treestands?

Quick Reply: Drop away or fletching contact rests?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.