Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 WHA Issues Response >

WHA Issues Response

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

WHA Issues Response

Old 06-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WHA Issues Response

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

I'm not even gonna read their response...I don't care what they say there's no way to sugar coat what they're proposing. I just don't agree with it, it sickens me. I really hope they crash and burn.
There is nothing they have to say that will make me reconsider.

exactly
Old 06-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I just sent an email to "The Management Advantage" for their support of the WHA...if you wish, here's their information.

The Management Advantage
P.O. Box 27
Wetumpka, AL 36092
334-567-0032 phone & fax

Email: [email protected]

Old 06-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Site Buck Guru

They're going to do something special for hunting alright, they're going to ruin it. [:@]
Old 06-29-2006, 06:23 AM

Who in their right mind would have ever thought you would see lines like this associated with "Hunting"?

there have been a number of misperceptions raised regarding the safety of the chemical immobilization process to be used in the World Hunting Association (WHA) white-tail deer competitions.
it is important that I address these misperceptions and provide some insight into the safety considerations, methods and standards in which the WHA will be conducting the tournaments.
and sorry for those who tried not to read this, but this part taken verbatim made me puke in my mouth.
to protect the animals to assure that a tested process is in place to calculate the drug dosage, minimizing trauma, monitoring the animals’ condition post drug delivery, and administering any needed antibiotic, vaccination, or vitamin the animal could possibly benefit from by a licensed veterinarian so that we do the utmost to protect the health of these animals.

The WHA also believes in responsible herd management. We will be harvesting a large number of does, as well as a number of cull bucks in order to maintain a balanced herd at the property.
Is there really any doubt that what that veterinarian will be administering? I am sure what Barry injects himself with will appear like a childrens chewable vitamin compared to the steroids and hormones they'll be pumping into their "money" deer.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the update Justin. Rob, thanks for the email address, I just emailed management advantage.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:18 AM

I just don't see how this can promote "hunting".

Old 06-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sent one yesterday, I may give them a call also!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Fork Horn

I guess I still don't understand how all of this isn't illegal under "harassing wildlife" laws?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere else.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Orion in IL

I guess I still don't understand how all of this isn't illegal under "harassing wildlife" laws?

Sorry if this has already been mentioned somewhere else.
The darting will take place in high fences where essentially there are no "rules" that govern this type of thing.

As I said in my original post - no matter how much good they think they're doing, how many does and cull bucks they are going to shoot in the wild, or how they want to spin this to play on the strings of our hearts with the kid and disabled people videos there's really no way to candy coat the fact that at the heart of this "competition" they are darting giant bucks in high fence enclosures for money. End of story.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:04 AM

When did (edited) become a bad word?

Quick Reply: WHA Issues Response

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.