Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 new and improved >

new and improved

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

new and improved

Old 06-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default new and improved

I'm going to get a new climbing tree stand,i lest i think i am.
right now i have an API and a Summit broad head. i like the both of them some what but i would like to have one that i like completely. i don't like the API because of that chain and them pins that i cant help but drop and usuallyits dark when i droponeand it just seams to weigh more than it should. i do like that front bar on the api makes climbing easerand you can sit on it if ya want to and i do feel more secure withit therebut it is more difficult to get in and out of . i like the summit once i get up and I'm tied in but that but the lack of the bar to sit on wile climbing means that i have to use my arms to lift my self up or let my self down , it not that easy any more. and after using the api ,that open front on the summit it likes to freak me out.its not that I'm afraid of heights I'll go up 30 feet if i feel its necessary. i just like feeling secure.
now i see summit offers a stand with a bar that will fold down out of the way but in its up position it just doesn't look like its high enough to give that secure feeling that i like .
does any one have one of these things ? is it the best of both worlds ? and if you wanted to can you make the bar stay all the way up?
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new and improved

try the summit viper
Old 06-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

There is a ton of guys on this forum that use the Summit line. I'd recommend the Ol'man line but they sold to Gorilla. I'm assuming the stands are still as fantastic as the Ol'man but Summit does make a great stand.
Old 06-25-2006, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit makes a great stand, however I feel the ameristep non-typical lite is just as good if not better for less $$$. I don't see why more people don't compare the two together side by side.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:00 PM
Banned

I personally own a Summit Viper and I have also used climbing sticks and lightweight hangons and after years of doing both I prefer a lightweight hang on likemy Summit copperhead and a lightweight set of climbing sticks like lone wolf and others sale. Way more versatile and quieter IMO. Climbers are restrictiverequiring straight trees with no limbs. I have a Summit Viper for sale if you want it. The only big advantage to a climber that I see is that you are hooked in with a safety rope before you even leave the ground; which is nice for some people.No more climbers for me.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Typical Buck

I have the ameristep ...non typical... lite easy to use simple hook up to the tree at 17 or 18 #.My son has the lone wolf climber and he likes the tree hook up on my non typical better, thats the only think though. One thing I dont like personally is the fact that you have to take the seat off
every time you pack it up and then reconnect when getting ready to climb.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

There is a ton of guys on this forum that use the Summit line. I'd recommend the Ol'man line but they sold to Gorilla. I'm assuming the stands are still as fantastic as the Ol'man but Summit does make a great stand.
I also like the ol'man and just got a new Gorilla this month and it to me seems like it makes lot of noise while climbing put I hope to get that worked out befor the saeson starts it is still a very good stand and comfortabale.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

I use the ole man treestand but am looking at the equalizer treestand that you can level while climbing. I watched there video on their site and it looked impressive.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:03 PM

I have the summit razor (bar that folds underneath) and I love that thing. Its easy to climb with and I feel plenty secure while in it. I mean, you are secured to the tree with a harness. Get your knot tied right and then lean off the stand a bit to gain that trust and to know your limits.
Old 06-25-2006, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ducsauce

I have the summit razor (bar that folds underneath) and I love that thing. Its easy to climb with and I feel plenty secure while in it. I mean, you are secured to the tree with a harness. Get your knot tied right and then lean off the stand a bit to gain that trust and to know your limits.
ya thats what i'm talking about. but if you had to can ya make that bar
stay up ,like on a viper?

Quick Reply: new and improved

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.