Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics) >

Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Old 06-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Hey Ya'll

So I was standing in my garage pouring a cold pitcher when I heard the UPS truck coming. As many of you know I've been waiting my Viper Predator Pro-MT sight since Feb when I first picked one up and went over it at Harrisburg's Eastern Outdoor Show. If you haven't read this thread for an update, check this out first. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1575070

So as the UPS truck pulls in (a frequent visitor to my house ) I smile and ask if that's my Viper sight? He smiles (cause I'm always getting Cabelas stuff) and says let's see, hmmm Viper Archery Products on the return label...we chat it up a bit then I immediately come inside and open the package....aw yes, my two sights!

Here's a bunch of pics I took for ya'll. Again, I'm thoroughly impressed with Viper's products. I ordered this sight in black because I always accessorize in black. The machining on these sights are spectacular, they're made of 6061 T6 aircraft aluminum. The viper pins are bright, secure, stainless steel and outstanding. It has a built in harmonic damper, oversized level, seperate windage and elevation precise leveling with 3rd axis. I added the Viper Ultra Violet Light.

When I added it to the bow I pounded around the bow to see if I heard any noise, there was none. Perfect mounting and I added my Fuse Katana Quiver.

Here's the sight itself. www.viperarcheryproducts.com

Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Here's the sight with the available accessory light ON.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

And here it is mounted on my bow with my Fuse Katana mounting bracket, and full setup.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks great good luck with it
Old 06-23-2006, 06:44 PM

Now dude........THAT IS SWEET!!!!!!!!! Looks great on their!! Looks to be VERY well built. All of the adjustments are pretty simple, I assume? I see instead of the fibre being wrapped, it just runs the length of the sight. Are they pretty well protected?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:44 PM

Thats a nice looking rig you got there Rob!!! Is it just me or are those pins not vertically aligned?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: ducsauce
Is it just me or are those pins not vertically aligned?
It's an optical illusion. The pins are perfectly aligned. The pic is at an angle and the two front pins seem right but they are in line.....good eye though...
Old 06-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob,

Can you do me a favor? Can you place the pins as closely together as the sight will allow and give me the yardages that they correlate to then? For instance my Sword with pins as close as they go allows my A7 @ 279fps to have pins at 23, 28, 34, and 38 yards. I am very curious what the viper would allow.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Rick James, the sight has to pin grooves so the 20 and 40 yard pins are in one and the 30 and 50 are in another. I don't believe they will get as tight as what your Sword may. Is the Sword pins in multiple planes, ie more than 2?

I sighted the bow in for 20, 30, 40 and 50. The 20 and 40 yard pins were touching as were the 30 and 50. Remember this Allegiance is shooting 305fps. I'm glad they were able to get that tight.

When I finished zeroing the 20 and 30 I move the 40 and 50 yard up tight against. I shot in my 40 to double check it, shot a few 50's and then back to 40 to end the shoot. I was growing tired but here's my last group at 40 yards.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:57 PM

That is a sweet site! Just a question, How much did it cost?

Quick Reply: Viper Archery Products, Predator Pro-MT (pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.