Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rangefinders???? >

Rangefinders????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rangefinders????

Old 06-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rangefinders????

What do u guys out there think is a good ranger these days that gives u most for your money...I don't want anything over $400...it is goin to be mainly used for bowhunting from my treestands..lets hear it from the pros. I currently purchased the leupold rx 2 with the true ballistics ranging and i'm not too sure if I made a mistake...experiencing buyers remorse...help!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 01:31 PM

Default RE: Rangefinders????

The Bushnell Yardage Pro Scout works well and cost around $250, but it has some negatives that may make yours look a little more attractive. It's a battery hog and will drain batteries left in the compartment if you don't turn off the little switch on the battery cover. I don't know how much light your model gathers, but the Bushnell is a little dim and seems to have an overabundance of glare from the sun. Does that help?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for replying that was one of the other models i was looking ...I'm pretty sure leupold makes quality products, but when u test it in the store and in the field its two different things...keep it coming
Old 06-21-2006, 03:30 PM
Fork Horn

Have the Nikon 800 and I'm very pleased.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

has anyone else written up a review of my model of similar models that i can look at up? I want to get the best bang for my buck as far as optics and features go and i don't know ifi should spend less and get a nikon or a bushnell
Old 06-21-2006, 04:54 PM

Nikon 400 and I bow hunt mostly in thick woods.....works great. During gun season it seems to be fine for the long shots too. Seems it was around $250.00 a couple of years ago.
Good luck. Diann
Old 06-21-2006, 05:05 PM

I've got the Nikon 800 and it's great. I'll trade it for your Leupold though... There's a lot of steep up and down hill shots at goats here that make that True Ballistics feature mighty appealing.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

the TBR seems almost confusing too use...it is a complicated model, but i've heard once you know how to use it it is a wonderful unit( well at least least thats what the guy at the store told me)
Old 06-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

Nikon 400 and I bow hunt mostly in thick woods.....works great. During gun season it seems to be fine for the long shots too. Seems it was around $250.00 a couple of years ago.
Good luck. Diann

DITTO!!! Love mine!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

What about the markings you put on your sight guard. You measure it off for 17" at 10, 20, 30 yds and there ya go. Draw, glance, aim and shoot...

Quick Reply: Rangefinders????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.