Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shed Pictures

Old 06-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shed Pictures

Dang, you done good.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM

I would like to train a dog. I usually stumble on one shed a year. What kind of tips can you give for finding them. Is there specific areas to look at?
Old 06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow thats impressive
Old 06-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

Respect.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty cool!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Super Moderator

Sweet. nice sheds...
Old 06-21-2006, 04:34 AM

Un-real one of the best shed pics I have ever seen. Congrats on all the hard work. Great pay-off
Old 06-21-2006, 06:57 AM

Amazing, i have found ONE shed horn in all my years. i only look occasionally but with the kind of work I do (soil sciece) I'm in some patch of woods everyday and I always keep a look out for shed horns, I must really suck or you're just really good or both
Old 06-21-2006, 07:12 AM

Yooper Mike,
We hang on to all the shed and decorate the lodge with them. We also offer a few guided hunts on our property and if a hunter shoots a nice buck, it's alot of fun to find and give the sheds from the buck. Sometimes we get lucky and will have the sets for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year, on a 5 year old. Adds another fun elements to hunting.

chiefks,
I really don't have any tips on finding sheds except hard work. We have fun with it though. We all try to get our families involved and have our kids come out. Those days we will walk the open fields and just take our time walking and talking and looking. Other days when we are walking the woods it just takes alot of time to cover ground and not miss any. These weren't all found in one day. This from many weekends and nights after work. Bedding areas are my favorite places to find sheds. I usually have good luck finding matching pairs in these areas. Most guys I know say they have better luck on prime feeding areas.. Just depends on your area. Basically it's just getting out there and looking. If I find a big one I am usually tying very hard to find the other side and will stumble upon many others before finding the match. Once you find a few in your woods you'll be hooked like we are. Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:35 PM

thats unreal!!! i found like 6 or 7 sheds ever! and you prob found that many in an hour! good job

Quick Reply: Shed Pictures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.