Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One eye open or two? >

One eye open or two?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
One eye open?
57.14%
Both eyes open
42.86%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

One eye open or two?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Default RE: One eye open or two?

I shoot just as accurately both ways.

I shoot with one eye open though because I've yet to condition myself to remember to keep both open.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Both open for me.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:20 PM
Typical Buck

2 4 me...
Old 06-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

one eye for me right handed left eye dominate i close my dominate eye. That's why i shoot a gun left handed but can shoot right as well
Old 06-19-2006, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started to shoot with both eys open. I only used 1 eye for 30 years and I wish I started to use 2 eyes a long time ago. Oh well. I still use my peep though to line up my site with 1 eye . I then open both eyes and shoot. What a difference with 2 eyes. I like it a lot

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-19-2006, 08:25 PM

I squint or close my left for a split second as I start to sight to let my right eye grab the image and then I have both open.
I don't know why I have to do it with the bow, I don't need to when using a firearm, scoped or open sights.
Must just be because I'm newly back into shooting the bows.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Typical Buck

About 5 years ago, a guy I met at the range gave me some pointers to help my shooting. He had me do a few things.
1.) Come down on the target instead of under it. I was surprised how easy it was tolower my bow, compared with raising it, once I had drawn. I guess it is a subconscious thing.

2.) He had me relax my bow hand fingers and take a low grip.

3.) He told me to shoot with both eyes open.

I shot a Robin Hood in the next 5 arrows and busted the fletchings off of three. He was so mad he threw his hat down. He really helped me alot. I like the increased field of vision with both eyes open. Yet, I will say that when the light starts to fade, I will close my left eye. I have practiced in lower light conditions and found that my less dominant eye (left) will take over in such conditions because the peep blocks too much light. If I shoot both eyes open in low light I will always shoot right.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:39 PM

I shoot RH but am left eye dominant. I've always shot with only one eye open. Actually, I've never tried shooting with two, I always figured that while shooting 'backwards', it wouldn't work.

...I shoot long guns left handed, and about half of the time both eyes are open.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:42 AM

2 eyes for me allways have shot that way iam right handed and i cant close my left eye and keep my right eye open at the same time its eather both open or both shut.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Spike

both eyes...it just seems to work better that way for me.

Quick Reply: One eye open or two?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.