Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If given the chance......would you? >

If given the chance......would you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
62.32%
NO
37.68%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

If given the chance......would you?

Old 06-18-2006, 07:53 PM

Default If given the chance......would you?

I am just wondering if, given the chance, would you become a professional deer hunter? Note: I dont mean like the WHA I mean like Drury outdoors stuff. My answer at this time is a big Maybe. It would all depend on whether or not it would seem like a job. Because if it seemed like a job it would be a huge NO I mean why take the fun out of it?
Old 06-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If given the chance......would you?

nope...for the reasons you stated. theres a difference between 'get to' and 'have to' believe me. I am fortunate enough to be able to hunt quite a bit as it is.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:03 PM

Thats a very good question. I always said that I thought I would like to become one but I totally agree with you. Its much more fun hunting at my leisure than getting paid and feeling like I had to hunt. Guess I will vote no.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:04 PM

I would like having a lot of time to hunt in many different states, but when the pressure is on to make a video and endorse products, the fun kind of goes away.

Like when NYBH said in the off season forum that he hasn't had fun on a golf course in 20 years.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:05 PM

Absolutely.

There is no question in my mind that it would feel like a job. You would be under the same pressures with the same deadlines as any other job. Shoot an animal on film or you miss a paycheck.

Would this take the fun out of it for me? Heck no.

I would get to travel the country, possibly the world, doing something I absolutely love to do.

Currently I'm pursuing a part-time career as an outdoor writer/photographer. Not quite the same as what the big guys on TV do, but still something I'm passionate about pursuing. Perhaps somewhere down the line I'll be able to make a video, then another, and then possibly make a business out of it. Who knows?

But yes, I would jump at the chance to hunt professionally.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I marked yes, but i would have to check on the details.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

No, not for a living, yes, if I did it for fun, meaning I would have all the money in the world and do it but not need to do it...sorta like I'm doing now but without all the money...lol

IT is a job when you have to do it, trust me the hunting industry is so very finicky....it becomes very unfun....

What you see from the Drurys isn't half or even a quarter of the work behind the scenes...It's their living and I'd bet ten to one if they could retire from their job, they'd go back to hunting for the love.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it's a choice between dealing with numbers and deadlines and sales and a pile of OTHER people's problems vs. dealing with my OWN issues on my own schedule and it required that I have to hunt to do that?............yeah I'm gonna take that chance thank you every much.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would just because if would be the best job evvvver

Old 06-18-2006, 09:43 PM

i checked yes but it would have to be under my own terms... no deadlines, no pressure... just go out and hunt which is really all the pressure you need

Quick Reply: If given the chance......would you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.