Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Never Happy

Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Never Happy

It seems like every year I make radical changes to my archery gear. Last year I installed a drop away rest, then a pendelum treestand site, and then went to carbon arrows after shooting aluminuim all my life. This week after shooting a glove since day one I finally gave in and decided to go to a release and a peep site. Now, also I'm thinking about going back to aluminum. Seems like I'm never content and I've got an archery box full of junk. Is any body out there as bad as I am to keep forking out money or are you content year after year with your equiptment? I know next year, its going to be a new bow and I'll have to start all over again. I wonder if I should see a doctor? []

Bobby
Old 06-17-2006, 08:25 AM

Default RE: Never Happy

Is any body out there as bad as I am to keep forking out money or are you content year after year with your equiptment?
LOL......did you see how much I shell out every year????? [&:] Shoot ya, I'm just as bad. Broadheads are my weakness. I'll buy new ones every year, whether last year's were shot or not. This is the first year I still have the same heads on my arrows as lasy year.

This year, I bought a new bow, switched from carbon arrows to A/C/C's, ditched my Cobra Easy Slide sight that I really liked and opted for a Vital Bow Gear StarTrack, that I like even more. I replaced my 8 year old TruBall release w/ a TruFire Hurricane about a month ago, only to change shooting styles completely and now I'm getting a back tension release.

Yes, I understand your obssesive complulsive behavior very, very well. I'm all to familiar w/ it.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:44 AM

So I am not alone!
Old 06-17-2006, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

It must be contageous. I got rid of the best bow I ever had because it was too slow. It was shooting 260 FPS, now I am slowing down my bow because it's too fast.. When I go fishing in my boat I cast to the bank, when I go fishing on the bank I cast to the deep... Is this a new MAN LAW?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: The Rev

It must be contageous. I got rid of the best bow I ever had because it was too slow. It was shooting 260 FPS, now I am slowing down my bow because it's too fast.. When I go fishing in my boat I cast to the bank, when I go fishing on the bank I cast to the deep... Is this a new MAN LAW?
Man is that true!!
HCH[/align]
Old 06-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

One of these years we'll get tired of tinkering, go traditional and be done with it.

I know this day is coming but I fight it tooth and nail. I still enjoy tinkering, it does get expensive though.

Just think buy recurve once, buyarrows & string replacement once a year- done (is it that easy?)
Old 06-17-2006, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

I spend very little on my archery needs. I use fingers, peep sight, fixed pins and aluminum arrows.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

My first few years of serious bowhunting I spent some serious cash trying new things. But the last couple of years I've really become a minimalist. I've found what works for me, what gives me the most confidence, and I stick with it. I have the utmost confidence in my shooting, in my ethics, in my knowledge of my hunting areas, and in my setups. Instead of obsessing over gear now, I obsess over scent control, and leave the rest up to the deer.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

My first few years of serious bowhunting I spent some serious cash trying new things. But the last couple of years I've really become a minimalist. I've found what works for me, what gives me the most confidence, and I stick with it. I have the utmost confidence in my shooting, in my ethics, in my knowledge of my hunting areas, and in my setups. Instead of obsessing over gear now, I obsess over scent control, and leave the rest up to the deer.
Did I write this??? I was the same way, my first few years I bought all the newest things and gadgets, never again! I think less is more! My next thing will be a recurve, hopefully in the next few weeks! Happy Hunting!
Old 06-17-2006, 08:52 PM

ORIGINAL: DaveC

One of these years we'll get tired of tinkering, go traditional and be done with it.

I know this day is coming but I fight it tooth and nail. I still enjoy tinkering, it does get expensive though.

Just think buy recurve once, buyarrows & string replacement once a year- done (is it that easy?)

Don't count on it!! There is a lot of tinkering that can be done with trad equipment too!! I've spent WAY more money on trad stuff than I ever did on compounds.....

Quick Reply: Never Happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.