HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shoot-through blind screens (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/144807-shoot-through-blind-screens.html)

3oaks 06-11-2006 06:18 PM

Shoot-through blind screens

I hunt a terrific property with some good climbing treestand spots and I've taken a good 8-point in there.
There are also some nice funnels in thick spots and open areas where there are no trees. I am considering hunting from a blind in those treeless positions during the bowseason and many posters on this site have said the blinds can be very productive. I know after coming in there that I need to "brush it in," and I appreciate that very much.
My question is this.
Are these shoot-through mesh screens accurate to arrow flight? Will I be accurate shooting through them?
I have my eye on the Lightning set stand from Cabelas. Does the mesh influence arrow flight?
Thanks for the advice. I am new here and would like to become a regular poster.

Howler 06-11-2006 06:37 PM

RE: Shoot-through blind screens

Fixed bladed broadheads will not be affected, where as some mech. heads could be affected. The best advise I could give, is to practice shooting through the mesh of YOUR ground blind with YOUR chosen set-up. One: to find out if YOUR arrows are affected and two: this will give you the confidence you'll need to make the shot when it counts!

Rhody Hunter 06-11-2006 06:47 PM

welcome to the forum and no it should not effect your shot when using fixed blade heads

3oaks 06-11-2006 07:02 PM

I do shoot a fixed blade Thunderhead 125 and I would practice with set-up beforehand.
I haven't heard much about the success rate with blinds, but sure should use some ground concealment on this piece of property.
To have the protection of the blind, with reasonable accuracy, would open up more opportunity.
Other examples of succes with these shoot throughs?
Anybody out there use this Lightning set-up blind from Cabelas?

I look forward to regular visits to this bowhunting honeyhole.
Thanks for any and all feedback.

PurcellSportingGoods 06-11-2006 07:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Fixed bladed broadheads will not be affected, where as some mech. heads could be affected. The best advise I could give, is to practice shooting through the mesh of YOUR ground blind with YOUR chosen set-up. One: to find out if YOUR arrows are affected and two: this will give you the confidence you'll need to make the shot when it counts!
welcome to the forums....this is what I would do...

hardcorehunter 06-11-2006 07:44 PM

The double bull boys have lots of experience shooting through netting in their blinds. I have two of them but I have never tried shooting through the netting. Like said, stick with fixed blades and try one out in your blind.

VA HEAD HUNTER 06-11-2006 08:38 PM

i cant stand shooting through them just because it screws me up psychologically. its weird i know it should be fine but it makes me think too much when i dont really have the time to be thinking about it when its shootin time. plus i much rather hunt from stands anyways

3oaks 06-12-2006 04:58 AM

I would prefer to hunt from treestands as well. They are unbeatable as ambush points.

But when you have funnels that are like cattle crossings, you just have to find a way to set up there.

gregholland 06-12-2006 05:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Howler

Very good post!!!!

PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

Sit far enough back in the blind that once the arrow is shot, that the arrow is completly off your rest by the time it hits the netting too. Not many blinds are big enough to allow such space for this shot, but I do know one one company that makes the best blind in the world though.