Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tower blind for Bow >

Tower blind for Bow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tower blind for Bow

Old 06-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Tower blind for Bow

I have a pond on my land that gets hit hard by the deer. It is surrounded by eight year old white pine that are way too small for placing a tree stand. The pond also sits down in a bit of a bowl which means the wind tends to swirl around it. I want to get up high enough to eliminate the swirling winds and thought a tower blind would work. Has anyone used any of the commercially built ones such as The Blynd or Tuff Blinds? Seems like they may be designed primarily for gun hunting so I would appreciate any feed back from archers that have used such a product. I have considered building my own and still might. Although home made would certainly save money, it would not be as easy to move around due to weight, etc.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:31 AM

Default RE: Tower blind for Bow

For the price you're going to pay for a tower blind, why not spend the money on a quality ground blind like a Double Bull? They work very very well in the wind.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tower blind for Bow

The wind has a tendency to circle around in the bowl. Having not used a ground blind such as a double bull I am a bit reluctant to try. Would prefer to be above and let the wind take my scent away,