I love how well they work, but I'm not sure how to make them stay on the arrow. Anyone have any..." />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can't make them Blazers stick! >

Can't make them Blazers stick!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can't make them Blazers stick!

Old 06-07-2006, 02:26 PM

Default Can't make them Blazers stick!

I have been switching over to the 2" blazers on my existing arrows. However I've had an awful time making them stay on the arrow! They fly off all the time. I love how well they work, but I'm not sure how to make them stay on the arrow. Anyone have any thoughts on arrow prep or any tips that work for you?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:07 PM

Default RE: Can't make them Blazers stick!

If you are cleaning the base of the vane, DON'T. Clean the arrow w/ alcohol and use some good glue. What glue are you using? I use Pine Ridge, but any of the cyanocrylate's work just fine.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't clean the vane, and to prep the arrow, just use water and let it air dry. If you still have problems, you could consider using wraps. They stick to wraps pretty good.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use wraps and don't clean the vane. Never had a problem.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

use the wraps
Old 06-07-2006, 07:55 PM

I'm using bohning quantum xt glue and I'm gluing these things onto carbon arrows. Perhaps I should consider using the wraps but aren't they a good bit more expensive?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

TerryM had the same problem ,he contactedthem and they sent him a few new pack's of vane's to make it right .Try contacting them, I'm sure they'll make it right for you.

nubo
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

Use denatured alcahol onthe vanes and shafts , The Bohning instant gel is the best I've found for glue. Also it helps to put a smal dab on the tip of the vane where it meets the shaft after fletching.
I started using the mini blazers this week, so far I am impressed both fp's & bh's fly well. I may switc the rest of my arrows over after a bit more testing.
good luck
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your vanes are @ a year old give them a shout they had a bad batch hit the market you may have some of those, I know I did. They did right by me and the new ones stick no problem both with and without wraps.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:23 PM

I have only fletched 2 arrows with blazers but they are still intact. Someone on here said to take sandpaper to the base of the vane to rough it up. I did this just for giggles though. Don't know if it helped b/c they should stick to begin with. Worth a try.

Quick Reply: Can't make them Blazers stick!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.