Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do you really need a $700 bow? >

Do you really need a $700 bow?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you really need a $700 bow?

Old 06-07-2006, 12:38 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you really need a $700 bow?

Rayn its ego my good man ego! Rich
Old 06-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a PSE Bow 12 years ago, and have killed at least 1 year every year, with it. But there has been times, that the bow has cost medeer which haven't been recoverable, due to a variety and combination of reasons. Technology usually makes things easier. I just ordered a Switchback XT yesterday. I expect to use that bow for another 12 years if possible. The bow has many more advantages, and I feel it will go further is areas, that my last bow didn't. That's why i'm spending $650 (plus accessories) and making the purchase.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:37 PM

I wish I could get my bow for $700
Old 06-07-2006, 02:21 PM

Well Ryan, you've spent lessand killed more with your bow than I have with mine,so I would definitely have to say you do not need a $700 bow. The benefits you'll find with an expensive bow are few and I guess it's up to you whether you want to spend the extra $100 - $200 for a bow that shoots a LITTLE smoother, faster, whatever. You're probably paying for the name then too. There are hundreds ofexcellent bows out there that don't have Hoyt, Mathews, or Bowtech stamped on them and don't cost as much either. That said I do have to say that I love my Bowtech!
Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Banned

Don't need..nice to have though..Don't need a pretty wife or a Harley Davidson either...but the curves, nice lines,and the way they handle and look is why you do it
Old 06-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless you spend at least $900.00 for your bow the deer will just snicker at you and look down thier noses at you in disgust and I won't even mention elk and moose, shhheeeesh!!!!!! Spend your damn money if ya don't your wife will buy curtains with it or new furniture or go to the spa. Haven't you figured out that the one with the best toys wins when we die And those proshop owners have kids to feed too you know.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:27 PM

I agree, absolutely not! There are so many different makes and models of compaound bows today that I see no rerason to spend more than $300 to $400 for a bow. I'm not being hypicritical when I say $400 because let's face it, everything is going up and through the roof. $700 is way too much for a compound bow, especially after you add your quiver, sights, rest and whatever else.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Do you NEED a $700 bow? No, absolutely not. But then again, you don't really NEED a bow, do you? I mean, why not just spear 'em! LOL.....just foolin w/ that one, a spear isn't even legal,...is it??

I hear that question a lot from guys at the shop, but then I look out the window and take a peek at what they're driving........They don't need that Ford Excursion either, but hey......There really are some differences in high dollar bows and less expensive bows, notice I didn't say "cheap" because first of all they aren't, and second of all, cheap indicates poor quality, and that's not true in this case either.

If you really want to know, head to the shop. Shoot the least expensive one, then the MOST expensive one, and come on back and let us know.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

The recurve bow I have was $250 , I added a few things like a case , arrows , quiver , rest , and string whiskers . All totalled I have about $500 in it , and other than string replacements I don't plan any more changes . I figure to get up to 20 years out of it , and probably will . Need an expensive bow ? No . Want one ? No, but to each their own . I know guys who have $1,200+ bows , and they're already dreaming of their next one which means that they take a huge loss when they sell off their current one and go into hock for their new toy . Some of them do this every year , which is completely nuts in my book . If you have a bow that works for you stick with it , upgrades and repair will only make it that much more special and cost a lot less than the latest whizbanger on the market .
Old 06-07-2006, 06:46 PM
Site Buck Guru

Short answer..... No!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.