Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Detergent?

Old 06-06-2006, 11:03 AM

Default RE: Detergent?

So I have a question. If you've used UV brighteners and want to reverse the effect, how does the UV killer stuff work? Does it work permanently after the first application, or do you have to keep reapplying it?
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Banned

I use baking soda
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM

ORIGINAL: chucker34

So I have a question. If you've used UV brighteners and want to reverse the effect, how does the UV killer stuff work? Does it work permanently after the first application, or do you have to keep reapplying it?
UV brighteners are essentially "gunk" that coat the fibers of your garment.
UV Killer coats the "gunk"

If you wash your clothes in UV brightening stuff again, you're back to square one with even more gunk.

Check out this link:
http://home.adelphia.net/~geffert/deervis.htm
Old 06-06-2006, 11:29 AM

Okay, but my question is really, if I use the UV Killer, then proceed to wash everything in baking soda from there out, do I need to reapply the UV killer each time. Or will the UV gunk go away after the first application.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you've used UV brighteners and want to reverse the effect, how does the UV killer stuff work?
I believe that Atsko makes another product that will do that. FWIW, I also use their guaranteed waterproofing product.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your scent lok garment will adsorb all odors including natural ones. I've been told not to even let it hang outdoors. The carbon will pick up these odors. BTW activate charcoal like for aquariums is great to store with your boots!
Old 06-06-2006, 09:23 PM

baking soda then I put in garbage bag with different scents etc....
Old 06-07-2006, 05:07 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tsoc

Atsko Sport Wash. This stuff is awesome,and I have tried many.It rinses residue free and restores the loft to garments such as down or fleece.I have also used All free and clear and baking soda mixed together in the past with very good results,but I am sold on the Sport Wash.Atsko has a very informative website.
Same here .
Old 06-07-2006, 05:39 AM
Typical Buck

I also am using Sport wash, good stuff. I have been hunting and killing elk, mule deer and sheep in CO for years and could never see why scent lok cloths could do better than what I am doing now. I have killed elk at less than ten yards more than a few times, but I am not in a tree stand. After looking at scent lok clothing, the only advantage I can see is I will sweat more than I do now. So I stick with the cotton and polar fleece I am using now. The process I use is very simple. Wash cloths[cotton and polar fleece]in Sports Wash and bag in a scent safe bag with HS earth waffers and go hunt.
Gselkhunter
Old 06-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the concerns about uv and the need for using scent blocking products are overblown. I personally think care in how you approach a stand and how you set up relative to wind direction is far far more important. Much more interesting from a hunting persepective too, imo. I used to be pretty fanatic about those things, used cover up products andeven peed in a bottle. Now I just wash my clothes with the rest of the laundry and let er fly whenever nature calls. I once had a pretty good size buck come in right after I did it. I think he heard the pattering sound on the leaves and came to investigate. Go figure. Anyway, if it makes you feel better using and worying about all this stuff I say go for it but if you find it to be too much trouble I wouldn't worry about it either. I've hunted both ways and for a lot of years and frankly I just don't see that it makesa noticeabledifference. Killed some pretty nice bucks both ways and seem to see them just as often too.

Quick Reply: Detergent?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.