Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Broadhead to use >

What Broadhead to use

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Broadhead to use

Old 06-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Spike

Default What Broadhead to use

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the bowhunting sport and need a little help. I've been practicing alot and it's going well. I'm shooting a PSE triton and using radial X weave. I'm using 100 gr field tips so I know I will need 100 gr. broadheads. I will order from cabelas. What is the best ones out there. I will be using it for whitetail this Fall. Thanks in advance for your help!

Cormier
Old 06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What Broadhead to use

You will definitely get many different opinions on which broadhead to use but I'll start it off by suggesting NAP Thunderheads. I used these with great success for many years before trying the Sonic 100's made by American Broadhead Company. I shot a small 6 pt using the Sonic's last year and he only went 30 yards. He was perfectly broadside and I nailed through both lungs. You should seriously think about using either of these.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

I like the Thunderhead 100, too, and have used them for many years.

Currently, I use the Slick Trick (www.slicktrick.net). They are a very strong quality head and shoot just like field points.

Beyond that, I don't have any experience using anything else. I would suggest you try to stick to fixed blade heads though. Just my two cents!
Old 06-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

NAP Spitfire!!!!! They leave a blood trail that a blind man could follow, but so far i havent had to follow it, all the deer have died within 40 yards.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Banned

Fixed blades; Muzzy..mechanical; Spitfire Killed many deer with both..both are high quality products
Old 06-05-2006, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd go with 100 grain Muzzy 3-bladers. Muzzy's won't break the bank, and they're very durable. If you get yourself in a pinch, and you need replacement blades or extra broadheads, you can pick them up at any sporting goods store or bow shop, even at Dunham's, Dick's, Gander Mtn, or maybe Walmart without any trouble.

Since you're a beginner, plan on ruining a few before you even get into the woods. Muzzy's come with a set of practice blades, too. You'll definitely need them.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Spike

I definitely suggest that you consider the ST's, as they truly do fly like field points, are very strong, etc. If you aren't completely satisfied, Gary would refund your $. www.slicktrick.net
Old 06-05-2006, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everyone (myself included) love the Slick Tricks... They are an awesome little broadhead that packs a serious punch! They fly exactly like field tips, even in a strong 30 mph wind!

Another broadhead that should be considered is the new Magnus Stinger Buzzcut. That broadhead is absolutely VICIOUS!! It too flies like a field tip and is so sharp it is literally scary!

Old 06-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I'm thinking about trying a steelforce this year. I've heard good things about them.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:36 AM

I've been using the G5 montec and have had good success with it. It's very tough. NAP Thunderheads are great too.

Quick Reply: What Broadhead to use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.