Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

martin bows???

Old 06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Spike

Default martin bows???

Can anyone tell me anything about martin bow's ie. quality, durability etc.
I have a chance to by a 03 martin altitude magnum that is brand new still in packaging from factory. I friend of mine won it while in irag hasnt ever used it anddoesnt need it. It looks and sounds like a good deal but I just wanted some more info before i commit. At the time it was martin top bow for that year but because it is a few years old i can't find much about it. Spec are 70# 29inch draw and had fusion cam. Any info would be appreciated. I know that some of you are very knowlegable and I trust yalls opinion.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:06 PM

Default RE: martin bows???

Martin makes a fantastic product, no doubt about it.

I've had my Jaguar for going on three years now andI couldn't be happier with it. It's held up in some tough conditions; extreme heat down to extreme cold. I've dropped it from my stand, didn't hurt a thing. It's been through a lot and held up very well.

It's quick, it's accurate, and it's quiet. Everything a hunter could ask for.

As for your specific model, I can't help with that. All I can say is that Martin makes a great bow and you will be very pleased if you decide to purchase one.
Old 06-04-2006, 08:10 PM

I know that some of you are very knowlegable and I trust yalls opinion.
Man, yer livin life on the edge w/ that statement!!

Don't know much about them, myself other than they certainly make a quality product. I know absolutely nothing of the model you refer to. How much it gonna set you back?
Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

I've used Martin bows since 1972 and love em. They take a licken and keep on shoting.Rich
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

All depends upon how much he is asking for it. I would only pay $250 at most. The reason I say this is for another $100 you can buy a new Martin Saber, and even though its not top of the line in the Martn lineup. Its honestly a better bow than the Altitude. The reason I say this is just look the the specs between the two.

The Altitude
Axle to Axle 30 3/8"
Brace Height 63/4"
Speed301 IBO

Short axle to axle, but limbs are not paralell. Also the brace height is on the short side and that makes it a bit harder to shoot accurately.

The Saber
Limb Style:

SE

Axle to Axle:
32 3/4"

Brace Height:
8 1/2"

Dyna-Cam
26-31" 300FPS

Nitrous

Tru Arc +
24-30" 295 FPS

The speeds are about the same but the Saber is a smooth shooter with two cam options. It has more paralell limbs over the Altitude, and that helps cancle out vibration quite a bit.It also has a very good brace height so it isshooter friendly. It also has aexcellent price tag, selling between $340 to $360 depending upon where you buy it. That is one heck of a deal when you compare it to other bows in the $600 to $700 price range. If you could shoot the two (Altitude and Saber) side by side you would also feel it. So again if the price is right for your friends bow then go ahead and buy it. It will be dependable and long lasting. Martin makes good quality, and the Alititude is no exception to this. But is the price is close to that of a Saber which is last on the list of the Pro series line up, then I know what bow I would buy. I am not trying to sound doom and gloom against the Altitude, but I see friends sell their older bows to other unknowing friends, for almost new prices all the time. I just want you to know the truth between these two bows/options. Of course with more money the options are unlimited with the amount of bows and bow manufactures to choose between. For this compareison I choose the Saber becasue for the price its a excellent bow from Martin. Hope this helps Jason
Old 06-05-2006, 05:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Great ads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Marting makes a quality product, its what I shoot.