Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Overdrawing my Trkon? >

Overdrawing my Trkon?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Overdrawing my Trkon?

Old 06-04-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Overdrawing my Trkon?

Every once in a while when I draw my Trykon, I get a clicking coming from the top cam where my cable is coming off the side of the little draw stop on the cam. There is a small rubber post set into a half circle groove coming off the side of the cam. My draw length is 29", is this draw too short for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Overdrawing my Trkon?

I'm sorry your having such bad luck with that bow. There are many on here who might be able to help just sit tight. You said it was a TRYCON right?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

They still make them?
Old 06-04-2006, 03:43 PM

I know you are a Hoyt basher, they still make mathews????? LOL
Old 06-04-2006, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

BerwindaleBoy, I don't shoot your bow, but I have shot them before and I know its a excellent bow. I also know it shouldn't be making that noise. If I were you I would take it back to the pro shop you bought it from if possible. If not find another pro shop with a good reputation for quality work and take it to them. They should be able to find the sorce of the noise and fix it. Without seeing you draw your bow firsthand I can't say if the draw length is tooshort or not. My recomendation for draw length is a archer should be able to close his eyes with his head up right.Thendraw his bow to his anchor pointand open them and he will be looking through his peep dead on at his sights. The string will come accross his nose without having to duck his head. His arm should not be bent to much and it shouldn't be locked either. I know this is not the best decription, but its the best I can do without showing you in person what I am talking about. Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:27 PM

I know alot of people on here own Trykons, please tell me if I am the only one with this problem. The noise is from the cable sliding off the side of the cable stop. Help!!! Its driving me crazy.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Take it back to the Pro shop and have them take care of it. Call Hoyt, or buy a ROSS. Take it to the pro shop have them look at it. It may need to be sent back top hoyt. Hoyt will take care of it!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 07:08 PM

I dont have this problem with my trykon its worked flawlessley so far.As far as your draw length I dont know what to tell you didnt your pro shop work with you on that to make sure you had the correct length.