Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market? >

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Old 06-04-2006, 06:35 PM

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Anything made by Double Bull!
Old 06-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

ORIGINAL: Sniper151
Bow prices are ridiculous! But as long as we keep purchasing the hottest bow on the market, nothing going to change. Think about it. You can buy a top shelf custom rifle for the price of many of today's new bows.
Some bow prices are sky high, that is true... but the performance of them is what drives the price up. Some are overpriced and overrated as well.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Anything made by Double Bull!
Just think of those poor chinese workers, rice is very expensive you know
Old 06-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: Sniper151
Bow prices are ridiculous! But as long as we keep purchasing the hottest bow on the market, nothing going to change. Think about it. You can buy a top shelf custom rifle for the price of many of today's new bows.
Some bow prices are sky high, that is true... but the performance of them is what drives the price up. Some are overpriced and overrated as well.

Bows are getting expensive...but the high price is there for a reason...Demand. We keep buying the Mathews and the BowTechs...so the price must be right on, or we wouldn't buy them. Also, the bows of today come with a load of built in overhead from all the patents on the things. There's patents for risers, patents for holes in risers, patents for grips, patents for cams, patents for cam modules, etc, etc. I've looked into this as I am trying to make a bow myself (hence my name)...and it is one big headache! [>:]

Overall, I think bow sights are getting out-of-hand in the pricing. The new sights, like the G5's are going in the $100 to $150 dollar range. I remember when a $50 sight was expensive.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you've got a hatchet, a pocketknife and a little know-how, you can go into a patch of woods and have all the bows and arrows you want... FREE!

Well, free except for your time and effort.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowsmay be overpriced, but just think of what great customer service everyone is getting......
Old 06-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Everything.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PSEMuzzy

PSE Muzzy yet again you didnt read the post correctly, he said top end quivers cost aroun 100 dollars not little Kwikee Kwivers that cost only 25 dollars
Show me a $100.00 quiver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here's a whole page of them:
http://www.hidehandler.com/back_quivers.htm

Of course that's not what you were thinking of but they're over $100. I think a lot of stuff is overpriced and we've noone to blame but ourselves. Just like computers everyone wants the latest and greatest without much justification for need outside of being gadget junkies. I've started moving the other way. I've always been a fan of K.I.S.S. and so I shot a bow that was mid-priced but quiet and efficient, fingers (came free with the archer), my own eyes for the sights (also free with the archer), and a simple quiver that I take off the bow when I get to the stand. Now I've purchased a recurve and hope to be using it come hunting season. I had thought about replacing my 14+ year old compound with a newer model just due to wear and the only two models I could find that accomadated a finger shooter were $500+. I got my recurve for a tad over $200. Besides the simplicity, the romantic in me loves the nostalgic primitive appeal. (I'd shoot a flint and wear buckskins during powder season if I could afford all the stuff). Anyways, the sport is only as expensive as you want to make it. There are websites that will tell you how to make your own "selfbow" that will shoot probably in the high 100's fps and kill deer just as dead as the $800 bows. Depends on what you want and what you're willing to do. Enjoy whatever route you decide to take and don't let concentrating on costs rob you of the enjoyment. (But it is fun to complain too. )
Old 06-05-2006, 07:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Want to see a $100 armguard?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Want to see a $100 armguard?

$100 armguard...classic. LOL I was going to just post your pic BobCo but decided to post the website instead. LOL BTW I like it. I have a lynx skin I used one time for a guiver for a halloween costume one year. I went as an elf long before LOTR movie came out. I'm such a geek.

Quick Reply: What is the MOST OVERPRICED piece of archery equipment on the market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.