Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Muzzy Zero Effect? >

Muzzy Zero Effect?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Muzzy Zero Effect?

Old 01-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Muzzy Zero Effect?

I'm fixing to buy a Bowtech MM and I am thinking of get a Muzzy ZE and have a few ? maybe you guys and gals can ansewer them. Is this a noisy rest and how well does it hold up it you shoot alot? Also will it decrease arrow speed? Also if you have one on a MM how did your installation go?
Old 01-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Muzzy Zero Effect?

BC25, do a search or contact Matt/PA. The MZE has been covered alot in this forum as well as the Technical. I believe Matt/PA has one on his BowTech.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:01 PM

I've got a Mighty Mite with the MZE. It's a dream. Holds up very well. I've probably put a couple of thousand shots or so through it, and haven't had one single problem so far. I didn't notice and decrease in arrow speed, and the installation went very easily.

The best advice I can give you is to watch the entire installation video first, before trying to install it. Then, when ready to install, go back to the start of the installation part of the video, and have your remote control in hand. Then, install the rest step-by-step with the video, pausing the video after each step. It's really not hard at all. You do need a hacksaw and a file, though. And, remember that it's better to cut the connecting arm too long at first than too short at first...you can always cut more of it off, but you can't add more on. It's not really that hard at all. Good luck! You'll love the new rest, as well as the Mighty Mite.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:45 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used it since last summer. I took it on a two week elk hunt and then had it in the tees with me all season. No problems and I love it.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:09 PM
nub

Great rest, very quiet.

masterbuck: that addy got returned also. See the new thread?
Old 01-12-2002, 03:38 PM

Don't know why that email addy would get returned. I'll send you an email with that address, and then see if you can respond to it. However, I saw the new thread, and stand by what I emailed you.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:44 PM

Email sent, nub.
Old 01-12-2002, 03:48 PM
nub

now I can't open my hotmail. try [email protected]
Old 01-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

BC25,
Rob's right I installed one on my Mighty Mite and another on my new Pro38 last week.
I also put one on my buddy's Tech29.

The Zero Effect is driven by the amount of cable slide travel each individual bow has......the Mighty Mite was a bit tricky because it has a VERY small measured slide travel......like 1.5" or so. This requires you to use one of the higher leverage positions on the rest. DO NOT JUST GO BY THE VIDEO WITH THIS BOW!!! Start with the main swing arm in the second hole, and the hook arm in the second hole down as well(then follow the video directions!)......if you use the first holes it WILL NOT WORK.

The 2nd holes gave me a perfect high and low position and the rest worked flawlessly for me. Line your arrow up dead level with your button holes on the riser......the arrow should sit directly in front of and level with these holes.....hiding them.

This rest is super quiet, accurate, and I haven't had to adjust a single thing in the nearly one year I've been using it! The ease of use and arrow flight will amaze you.
Speed should not increase if your bow was properly tuned with it's current rest......it should only decrease if you did something wrong with the installation such as tightening the main arm down too much.

If you have any other questions give me a yell.

Edited by - Matt / PA on 01/12/2002 17:01:14

Quick Reply: Muzzy Zero Effect?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.