Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Anyone tried these lighted nocks?? >

Anyone tried these lighted nocks??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anyone tried these lighted nocks??

Old 05-19-2006, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone tried these lighted nocks??

I was at a dealer show for Kinseys archery earlier this year and saw these Lumenocks. They looked pretty cool for seeing where your arrow is after the shot, seeing the flight path, where it hits the animal etc ... I was thinking on trying some for kicks for this year. There are a few different kinds but the only one I saw in person was these and they seemed to work real good.

http://www.burtcoyote.com/

http://www.archersflame.com/

http://www.tracerarrow.com/page/page/996884.htm

Old 05-19-2006, 04:49 AM
Banned

Default RE: Anyone tried these lighted nocks??

I used them last year and I really liked them. Handy getting your arrow after the kill and seeing the flight. They do as advertised.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't enter my animals into P&Y anyway (long story) but does using those nocks count as an electronic device for retrieving, thus disqualifying an entry? I wouldn't think so, but thought I would see if anyone knows for sure.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:47 AM

I have used lumenocks, and really like what they do. Don't seem to negatively influence accuracy either. The only issue I had was they worked great on some arrows and not on others. That got me to thinking maybe the nock end of my arrows were out of square so I slapped them in the lathe at work and faced them off (the nock end of my arrows that is). Now they work great in any arrow I stick them in. I guess the shop that cut my arrows had their saw a little out of square or something.

My favorite is pig hunting at night with them. They just make life so much easier in that scenario.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used lumenocks a few years ago. I thought they were junk. But since then they redesigned them. I will try them again. I currently shoot tracer nocks and like them alot.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:06 PM

I have used Archer's Flame and LOVE them. They, IMO, are more durable and reliable than any other on the market. While they aren't as easy to install as lumenoks, they sure aren't difficult either. Very bright. I would say the only downfall is the small piece of dowell rod you have to glue inside the arrow. But I really, really like them.
Old 05-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Too expensive!!!!!!!!! Wait until they come down then buy them. If they are the same thing Cabelas is selling (3 for $30) you are waating your money!