Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 alright guys wat do u think of this? >

alright guys wat do u think of this?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

alright guys wat do u think of this?

Old 05-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default alright guys wat do u think of this?

i found this arrow rest on ebay... i like the reviews about it ...itd be the first drop away i've ever purchased ... it has no cords or cables on it... which seems like itd be a lot easyer for me... tell me what you guys think about it , below is a video of it ,, might take a min or two to download but let me know what u think! thx

www.timezonevideo.com/ShurDrop_ArrowRest/

by the way it wont eat a hole in my wallet either!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alright guys wat do u think of this?

I've never seen that rest before, but their footage is pretty cool to watch. It always amazes me how far forward the string travels upon release, as well as how much the arrow flexes.

As for the rest, it looks rather easy to set up and simple to use. I'm not a huge fan of the launcher that holds the arrow, but that's just me.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's pretty neat, but from what I have been told, a drop away should guide (remain in contact with) the arrow for about 3-5 inches before falling away. That was always my goal when I used to shoot my Golden Key Premier Drop away. I would have to adjust both the spring tension and stretchable cord length and position to achieve the right combination.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

The longer the rest stays in contact with the arrow, the more the arrow is guided down range. Of course there is a point where that guided time is too long.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

That looks pretty good. It won't take any speed away from the bow with cords and such. I think I will check one of them out even though I am happy with my current one.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a whole lot of arrow movement if you watch it slowly. I know arrows flex but if it had something to glide along as the arrow travels along the rest it would cause much less flex or wobble, whatever you want to call it. I'll stick to my WB tyvm. Still pretty neat though.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's sweet video. I think that arrow flex is normal. I've seen slow motion video for several other rests and they all flexed like that. I don't know how long the rest is supposed to contact the shaft. On one hand it makes sense that it should stay touching as long as possible without fletching contact. On the other hand, the longer it contacts the rest the more sensitive the arrow is to any kind of flinching / torquing of the grip.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Dominant Buck

My thoughts are it would be noisy as all get out when you drew back in the woods.
Old 05-18-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil
My thoughts are it would be noisy as all get out when you drew back in the woods.
Definitely would need moleskin on the prongs. Not a big deal - most rests do.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

ya i'm thinkin on buyin it dunno tho

Quick Reply: alright guys wat do u think of this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.