Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Why doesnt Cabelas.......... >

Why doesnt Cabelas..........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Why doesnt Cabelas..........

Old 05-16-2006, 08:26 PM

Default Why doesnt Cabelas..........

carry any of the big three, Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews? I spend a lot of money at cabela's every year and know they carry the "top end" products. Just wondering why the dont carry the "top end" bows?
Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Why doesnt Cabelas..........

Because the big 3 are pro shop only bows. Those companies won't sell mail order or big chain store. The ONLY place to get one is a pro shop.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:32 PM

I thought of that, but I think Sportsmans Warehouse is pretty close to a big chain store, i guess the only thing they dont have is mail order. But i guess my next bowtech will be bought at Sportsmans Warehouse but i think they are far from a pro shop. Thanks for the response
Old 05-17-2006, 05:25 AM
Banned

The lastI knew Cabelas in Owatonna MN was selling Hoyts.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:50 AM

Even though these "big three" companies dont have their main lines of bows in the catalogs, they still make money in the catalogs. Hence the reasons the diamond line by Bowtech came out, the Reflex line by Hoyt came out, and I am not sure about Mattews, but I am sure they have a similar arrangment.

I was replacing some parts on my Reflex Superslam this weekend, and chuckled when I saw a bunch of the parts had Hoyt logos on them. Trust me, they are making just as much money in the catalogs as they are in retails sales. Remember, the economy is supply and demand, and if there is a demand for catalog bows, then the companies will be there to supply.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cabelas and Bass Pro shops are good for me for fishing supplies, but a far as archery equipment I go else where. My daughter gave me 100.00 gift certificate to Bass Pro Shops last Fathers Day, I walked out with a bath rope for my wife. I wandered in the archery department for over an hour trying to find something I really needed.. I guess that is a good indicator that a person just has everything he needs, or just too much junk in the garage..
Old 05-17-2006, 07:12 AM

i've been to bass pro one time. i wandered the large archery department for quite a while and looked at everything in it. a salesman asked if he could help me with anything and i replied "where do you keep the good stuff?"
Old 05-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

"i've been to bass pro one time. i wandered the large archery department for quite a while and looked at everything in it. a salesman asked if he could help me with anything and i replied "where do you keep the good stuff?"

ROFL
[align=right]
[/align]
Old 05-18-2006, 05:40 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

Because the big 3 are pro shop only bows. Those companies won't sell mail order or big chain store. The ONLY place to get one is a pro shop.
Correct!! Which is great for the local small business owner!!
Old 05-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Banned

I myself will only buy a bow at a pro shop. I like the service after the sell like I get at JAX in Ames, IA

Quick Reply: Why doesnt Cabelas..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.