Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Deer Scent I have ever used. WOW >

Best Deer Scent I have ever used. WOW

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Old 10-29-2002, 11:37 AM

Default Best Deer Scent I have ever used. WOW

Well each year I try out a new scent but this year I believe I am about to stop that.

I started using Hawg's Limited - Buck Fever Synthetics.

http://www.hawgslimited.com/

Well I put out 10 scrapes using the pre and post no real hitting or sign of any until I went back WOW they opened up a scrape on the center of property been over 10 years since they did that.

Had an area that had a rub and about the size of my thumb and just 10 feet away I put it on a cedar tree about the size of calf and wow they are just tearing it up.

Then counted 37 rubs on or coming into the property.

The saturday before I put out a mock scrape behind a stand and put the camera on the trail going the other way.

Had four deer tracks in the scape and no pictures on the camera. Took them the opposite that I have seen them travel.

Sat I put out the BF Rut at 6:30 a.m. in the scrape they started had deer droppings and the scrape had been torn up when I got back to it about 9:30 a.m. could have missed it in the dark but either way good sign.

Put some BF Fgland in a cansiter and move camera to it at 2:00 p.m. and left then got back at 7:00 a.m. the next morning wow one picture and deer dropping thrown out and scrape torn up. Will either way take pictures out of camera this weekend and will post the results.

This weekend hope to make a long scent drag with the rut to see if one will follow in on his rubline.

I have yet to see a deer react to it but if thing keep going like I think I may not switch next year most buck sign ever in one year.

Host of The Missouri Sportsmen's Radio Show

www.mosportsmen.com
Old 10-29-2002, 11:59 AM

Default RE: Best Deer Scent I have ever used. WOW

Horntagger, I have also been touting this stuff here since Sept 15. I'm getting very similar results as yours.

I took a bottle of BF Rut out and put drops of it along various trails, sparaying with gland scent also, at about 6-8 spots all told. Went back a week later (this past weekend) and had 5 big and active scrapes going in spots where I put it. They were so fresh that there were no fallen leaves in them when I got there and the droppings were still moist. The cedars around the area are getting shredded too.

I'm sold on the stuff. Read here to see what I posted about how a buck reacted to the pre/post rut scent on Sept. 22.
http://forum.hunting.net/bbs/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=90037

-Brad
Eastern Nebraska Bowhunter
Old 10-29-2002, 12:38 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-29-2002, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Which product did you use?
Old 10-29-2002, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's too bad this guy got hung out with the Rompola laundry, as his scent apparently works as advertised, and was not part of the alleged scam by Rompola.

I had similar reports with this stuff last year, played cat and mouse in a big scrape with a buck (or more) on a property I didn't hunt. I am this year, and am just about to start putting out mock scrapes, as I'll be hunting in earnest come the second week in November...

Old 10-29-2002, 01:35 PM

I was just wondering where you guys got that stuff?
Old 10-29-2002, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Walmart carries it around here. I think Cabelas or BPS has it as well. You can also order direct from their website. Do a search for buck fever hawgs limited.

Old 10-29-2002, 02:41 PM

Thanks guys, I might just have to get a bottle.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I MET THE OWNER AT A LOCAL OUTDOOR SHOW FEW YEARS AGO. I WAS QUESTIONING THIS SO CALLED SYNTHETIC DEER SCENT. THEN I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, SYNTHETIC OIL IS BETTER FOR YOUR ENGINE THEN REGULAR OIL. SO FEW WEEKS WENT BUY AND I ORDERED THE $50 4 PACK, AROUND AUGUST STARTED FOLLOWING HIS DIRECTIONS, WELL I HAD DEER HITTING IT THAT SAME NIGHT!! I NEVER HAD DEER SPOOK LIKE I HAD WITH OTHER SCENTS. I LOVE THIS STUFF, AND HOPE HAWGS DOESNT START TO CUT CORNERS IN QUALITY AS THE DEMAND GETS LARGER FOR HIM. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:28 AM
Spike

I just got the 4 pack of this stuff yesterday. The video shows to start early in August to make mock scrapes. Well it's not August any more and the rut is 2-3 weeks away.

Do you guys who are using BF recommend starting with the pre-rut formula in a mock scrape or going straight to the rut BF?

Thanks,

Jack DeHaven

Quick Reply: Best Deer Scent I have ever used. WOW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.