Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your guys' opinion!? >

Your guys' opinion!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your guys' opinion!?

Old 05-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Your guys' opinion!?

as u guys know i got a 05 bowtech patriot recently and i bought a very nice set of sights for it... and i want to get a nice arrow rest for it... would like to have a drop away ....I like the trophy ridge ones but there 100 bucks...i 'm lookin in the 50-70 range... also what do you guys think about the wisker buiskets? your guys opinions would be greatly appreciated on this rest and any others u guys have had any luck with!
Old 05-12-2006, 06:38 PM

Default RE: Your guys' opinion!?

i love the wisker bisquite. i got one on my first bow and then got a sb and have a ripcord on it but I really prefer the bisquite for hunting hope this helps
Old 05-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: OhiobowHunter56

as u guys know i got a 05 bowtech patriot recently and i bought a very nice set of sights for it... and i want to get a nice arrow rest for it... would like to have a drop away ....I like the trophy ridge ones but there 100 bucks...i 'm lookin in the 50-70 range... also what do you guys think about the wisker buiskets? your guys opinions would be greatly appreciated on this rest and any others u guys have had any luck with!
WHY. Get a dropaway. Trophy Takers are great and I have never seen or heard of anyone complaining that their trophy taker didn't perform perfect. I have been using a Trophy Taker for 3 yrs now and there is nothing not to like. Period.Why would you want your fletchings touching a rest as it leaves the bow. You can get an arrow holder that mounts on your shelf if you are concerned about your arrow falling off while still hunting. I can't figure out why people like to have their arrow fletchings ripped off by a whisker Biscuit or have their arrow fletchings touch their rest. I just don't see the appeal.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i lvoe my wb and i hate drop aways just me not brand bashing and i hope that wasnt what hardcore was doing if you havent tried it dont say anything about it. the new wb are great but i would suggest getting the blazers to put on them so it wont wrinkle long fletchings over time. The advantage is that it is one of the easiest rest and cant fail.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Banned

These are just my opinions everybody I am curious though of what the advantage is to have your arrow fletchings come in contact with the rest as it leaves though bow?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:22 PM

oh ya and you can shoot upside down from a wb just somthing i heard on another post but walking around with an arrow knocked they ar silent
Old 05-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Banned

?????

NAP drop away arrow rest holder. Now tell me why a you want to have your fletchings touch the rest when it leaves the bow. What is the advantage?
Old 05-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Look into the new Next GenerationMuzzy Zero Effect if you want top of the line.

For the same price (roughly) as the Trophy Taker the MZE issilent, the launcher arm is much larger and the linkage system seems to be bullet proof for hunting / target situations.

I like it much better than my Trophy Takers.

Hardcore.

That arrow holder may serve well at brace but itdoes no goodin the event of no shot opportunitywhen you must let down with the anticipation of another shot. Also, the 2 side sticky tape is very brittle in cold weather. I am speaking from experience on that one unfortunately.

[/align]
Old 05-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

thx guys keep em comin

Old 05-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

I sandwiched my launcher with moleskin and it is silent too. I have never tried the NAP arrow holder and have never needed my arrow held asit has never been a problem. Thanks for letting me know. This NAP arrow holder is shown as new so it probably hasn't seen much field use yet. Glad to hear you are happy with the muzzy. Everybody around here shoots the trophy taker and as long as you are using a drop away they all work on the same principal. I have a buddy that works in a pro shop and he said that the WB keeps him in the re-fletching business. I have seen guys complaining of the fletchings being torn here and on other forums by the WB. I have also had friends tell me the same experience that they had using the WB. When I want to let off of the bow and slowly release the arrow back to my shelf it is no problem or noise involved using my trophy taker.

Quick Reply: Your guys' opinion!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.