HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Your guys' opinion!? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/142338-your-guys-opinion.html)

buckeye 05-13-2006 08:41 AM

RE: Your guys' opinion!?

I have seen the muzzy. You have me interested since you do a lot of shooting and sound quite knowledgeable. Why should I switch to the muzzy. What is the advantage to the muzzy over my TT?

This is actuallya "grey area" type of question to answer because...... When someone has confidence in their equipment it will lead to excellent shooting. You seem very confident with your TT and in archery confidence is the key to accuracy.

To compair them....

*First of all the MZE is no more accurate then the TT or vice versa.

*They are both realitivly light, so this is not an issue IMO.

*Both rests tie into the bus cables to raise the launcher arm but only the MZE uses the bus cable to control the speed it drops after release.The TT uses an internal spring.

*They both cost virtually the same in my area.

On to the advantages in my mind...

*I have my MZE setup so my arrow never touches my shelf. This is an advantage over the TT because your arrow will never bounce off the shelf again in the event of a let down or catching the end of your arrow on a branch etc..

*The MZE is silent at release, their is no metallic sound coming from the body of the rest or from striking the shelf like the TT. ( I do havea solid remedy for the shelf contact though, better then moleskin.)

*The linkage system is bullet proof.You never have toworry of a knot or serving slipping. No worries if you nick your linkage with a broadhead, briars or anything else for that matter, you'd need a hack saw to damage the MZE's enough to hinder it's performance. There is no need to wax the linkage after rainy huntor duringbow maintenance. The linkage system will never hang up and cause fletch contact like the TT's can either.

*The launcher arm is huge but has yet to get in the way. Much more user friendly than the TT's.

Like I said for 3D you do not need all these amenities, this is why I choose the TT for competition. The TT's simplicity is beautiful for target archery there is nodoubt there.I do however want these options on my hunting bow and for me the MZE is king of the hunting woods as far as rests go.

Hope this helps you decide if you want to keep your TT or try something new.

Here are a couple pics at brace. TheMZE is on a Tribute with the TT on an Allegiance.

[/align]

BowHuntingFool 05-13-2006 09:38 AM

I have used the Vital Bow Gear rests for the past 5 seasons. I have the Vital Drop on my old Hoyt and the Kaz Away on my Might Mite. I just love the rest and never had a problem with either! I hunt in all weather and in the late season when the temps are in the single digits, once again, never a problem! Good luck and you get what you pay for!

http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm

davidmil 05-13-2006 03:35 PM

The only draw back I see to that NAPrest hardcore is that if you have to let down, the arrow doesn't get picked back up correctly. It's always inside or outside the rollers. In other words, point in or off to who knowswhere it'll land. It works great the first time, but if you let down you're screwed.

As far as the Muzzy, I love mine on my Maverick. BUT, .... I understand there are some real problems getting them right on some of these new bows ie., parallel limbs like Bowtech etc. At least that's what I was told at the shop from someone who's put on hundreds of them in years past. He was installing one of the NAPs and noticed the let down problem right off. I shot it. It shot great.

BOWTECHBO 05-13-2006 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

*The MZE is silent at release, their is no metallic sound coming from the body of the rest or from striking the shelf like the TT. ( I do havea solid remedy for the shelf contact though, better then moleskin.)
Buckeye, what did you use to silence the TT?...looks like a piece of rubber...

Thanks, Bo

buckeye 05-13-2006 07:06 PM

As far as the Muzzy, I love mine on my Maverick. BUT, .... I understand there are some real problems getting them right on some of these new bows ie., parallel limbs like Bowtech etc. At least that's what I was told at the shop from someone who's put on hundreds of them in years past. He was installing one of the NAPs and noticed the let down problem right off. I shot it. It shot great.
Muzzy made a new series of MZE's for parallel limb bows for 2006. This is the series I have on my Tribute.

PSEBO

I use a Simms Grip Strip to absorb the impact of the TT's launcher arm. They are cheap (like $5) and work great. Just cut one down to the width of your shelf and stick it on.

davidmil 05-13-2006 09:05 PM

I was told Muzzy said they didn't have a problem anymore, but according to the guys at the shop that install these things all the time, "Huston stll has a problem".

hardcorehunter 05-14-2006 10:39 AM

I use the launcher rest that TT gives you and I line mine with moleskin. Very quiet. I then sandwich my launcher with moleskin and trim.

hardcorehunter 05-14-2006 10:43 AM

Davidmil, I am happy with my setup for now and don't plan on using the nap arrow holder. I can draw and let off quietly with my setup. That nap would work for spot and stalk fine I would think. When you let off it wouldn't reseat but I don't think that would be an issue though, unless you are prone to buck fever and are shaking so bad that it falls off to the side.

BowHuntingFool 05-14-2006 10:51 AM

One would think with the cost of these drop away rests they would be quiet out of the box??? Mine is!!!!!!! Problems?? What problems?;):):):):):):Dlol