Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 All you hunting in treestands >

All you hunting in treestands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Pendulum sight
6.94%
Fixed Pin sight
93.06%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

All you hunting in treestands

Old 05-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default All you hunting in treestands

Do you use a pendulum sight or a fixed pin sight, and if you use a pendulum sight how high are you in your treestand

Thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

Default RE: All you hunting in treestands

Fixed. With todays fast bows I can't imagine needing a pendulum. Lots of guys are going to just one pin. I myself shoot a 70# Trykon with a 3 pin fuse sight and my 10 and 20 yd pin are the same. 30 and 40 yd pins are stacked as tight up against them as you can go. I myself would not even look at anything but fixed pin sights.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Dominant Buck

I use a Red Dot Scope. It's like the fix pin but its ten times better.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

No need here for anything other than a fixed pin. Ive never had a problem shoting from a stand at even super high heights. I usually practice from an elevated position on a regular basis.

Jay
Old 05-12-2006, 06:29 AM

Fixed. I hunt treestands alot, but I also stalk and hunt on the ground also, so a pendulum really doesn't make sense for me. Plus, being out here on the plains, shots can sometimes be a little longer than what a single pin will cover.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I myself shoot a 70# Trykon with a 3 pin fuse sight and my 10 and 20 yd pin are the same.
Why have a 10 yard pin? Why not have a 20, a 35 and a 45! Doesn't make any sense to have two pins for the same range!

I have a five pin fixed. I do more ground hunting, elk and antelope, than I do from a tree stand for whitetail.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use fixed never seen the need for anything else. Just bend at the waist and your all set. I use colored tape to mark off 20 and 30 yards in 4 directions. This has worked for me for 30 years ever since they came out with sight pins so it just goes with the old saying "if it ani't broke don't fix it.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Site Buck Guru

I use fixed pin sights. Just bend at the waist to keep your shooting form the same as when you are standing on the ground. Do not drop your bow arm to aim.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

I use Keller pendulum sight. Only disadvantage is shooting steep uphill and downhill,more practicesand you will be okay. No more guessing what pin I'm going to use, just aim and shoot. I setup my treestand about 16 feet high, it works great for me. Wouldn't go back to fixed sight unless I'm shooting3d's and competitions.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:58 AM

i've used both and say that i liked the pendulum a little better in the tree, but hated it on the ground b/c u could only shot one range consistenly unless u was good at knowin wheter to hold high or low. If u hunt primarly on stand then it may be a good choice, but as a lot have said with the faster bows of today it really aint needed, unless u are bad at judgin distance.

Quick Reply: All you hunting in treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.