Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where would you Hunt >

Where would you Hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where would you Hunt

Old 05-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Where would you Hunt

Ok here is a topo of where I hunt, guys let me know where you would hunt. I will put location where I hunt and taken some big deer.

Property is everythingwest of the river to the road. River surrounds the property.

Thx

Old 05-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Where would you Hunt

Id shoot that big buck behind the third tree on the north south side. Kinda east west of that big tree.
Old 05-04-2006, 01:27 PM

i marked two areas in red that would be funnel areas that deer might use when coming out of the bottoms and into the fields to feed at night. i marked where i would my stands in yellow. Just my opinion.

Old 05-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The southwest most dot is the area I would scout first, then the rest in no particular order. What direction does the wind go in?

Old 05-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

SW is the most Freq
NW Second

Old 05-04-2006, 02:22 PM

I personally like the chunk of woods in the bend of the river as wall as the small corridors highlighted by previos posts. Hard for me to say without putting feet on the ground an looking for sign though. Good luck.

P.S. if you'll fly me out there and let me hunt I'll put you on the best spot on the property
Old 05-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i dont know all that much about where exactly i would sit, my dad usually helps me out on that. but i took a guess at where i would and jonnyslim chose the same place as i did! i was kinda shocked but yeah thought i'd share that...
Old 05-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Dominant Buck

You just can't say, where would you hunt? It would depend on how you get into your stand, where are the deer at that time, time of day(AM or PM). I'd have several spots picked out for all scenerios, always doing the same old thing, trails, travel corridors, time, route in and out etc. None of it is big enough to hold them forever. During the rut I'd sit on those bottlenecs like flies on meat all day long. Early and late season I'd be on the heaviest used trails to and the food. Several good places. Glad to see Rick James zeroed in on the bottleneck at the top for deer crossing the road. That inside corner in the field to the east is good too. OF course what's planted where figures in also. I'd also have several spots along that big woods to the east, depends on trails and travel sign.

P.S. I just saw your South arrow. Forget everything I said about EAST, just replace East with right.[8D]
Old 05-04-2006, 04:07 PM

Old 05-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: davidmil

You just can't say, where would you hunt? It would depend on how you get into your stand, where are the deer at that time, time of day(AM or PM). I'd have several spots picked out for all scenerios, always doing the same old thing, trails, travel corridors, time, route in and out etc. None of it is big enough to hold them forever. During the rut I'd sit on those bottlenecs like flies on meat all day long. Early and late season I'd be on the heaviest used trails to and the food. Several good places. Glad to see Rick James zeroed in on the bottleneck at the top for deer crossing the road. That inside corner in the field to the east is good too. OF course what's planted where figures in also. I'd also have several spots along that big woods to the east, depends on trails and travel sign.

P.S. I just saw your South arrow. Forget everything I said about EAST, just replace East with right.[8D]
Great point, I mean in general setup stands to hunt the season.

thx

Quick Reply: Where would you Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.